Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Indeed a bold prediction, that was my first thought. However considering that it'll actually take you some 15 years to see if that'll ever be true (as pointed out here), maybe not such a bold one eventually. But I promise to ne here to check whether you were right or not @enlightenedth - should this forum still exist then ;).
11+ slam winners Borg, Sampras, Fedalovic have all won a slam or masters as teenagers except Federer who won his first masters as 20 y.o. and slam being 21 y.o.

Federer won his 17th slam as 30 y.o, Nadal and Djokovic as 32.

So, if he was also a late bloomer (compared to ex-goats) like Federer, he should start winning multiple slams & masters per season at his 22/23 at the latest i.e. about four years from now.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yup, 95% of the active users won't be around so this thread will get burried and I will be safe if the prediction comes up short. If he indeed wins over 15, I'll make sure this thread will pop up on the first page.
I'll make sure this thread pops up if he's still slamless in 3-4 years.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I agree with OP

·
Registered
21,050 Posts
I do have a soft spot for Italians and after all, the greatest manager of all time in football is an Italian, GOATlotti, would be fitting if the GOAT of tennis is also an Italian!

I have yet to see much of Sinner tbh, so I’m still on the fence on him, seems like new Berdych, effortless power on both the FH/BH. Hopefully an upgraded version of him he turns out to be and a much better mentality

·
Premium Member
9,898 Posts
I do have a soft spot for Italians and after all, the greatest manager of all time in football is an Italian, GOATlotti, would be fitting if the GOAT of tennis is also an Italian!

I have yet to much of Sinner tbh, so I’m still on the fence on him, seems like new Berdych, effortless power on both the FH/BH. Hopefully an upgraded version of him he turns out to be and a much better mentality
Yeah he reminds me quite a bit like Berdych, hopefully he is more than that.

Hopefully he doesnt develop the bug eye , turn to choke face that Berdych had every time he realized it was time to choke.

·
Your visions will happen
46,680 Posts
He's good but too many variables to make such a prediction

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Yup, 95% of the active users won't be around so this thread will get burried and I will be safe if the prediction comes up short. If he indeed wins over 15, I'll make sure this thread will pop up on the first page. :D
Or Nadal wins a Slam and I'm gone for good.
In 15 years, MTF will be either a facebook group or some virtual reality shit. Or dead.

·
Registered
372 Posts

I have yet to see much of Sinner tbh, so I’m still on the fence on him, seems like new Berdych, effortless power on both the FH/BH. Hopefully an upgraded version of him he turns out to be and a much better mentality
🤣

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've watched Sinner play 2 times so far and I'm very impressed with his game. I don't really need to see more to know that he's destined to be on top the game at some point in the future. Naturally, I will compare him to my favorite player. I would say that he seems to have a better mental game than Felix at this point in time and is also much more consistent. However, he will never be as good of an athlete as Felix or have the same firepower as him. Felix has the height advantage and will have the better serve between the 2. For these reasons, it's way too early to know what will happen in the future. IMO, Felix still has a higher ceiling than Sinner but who knows if he'll fulfill his potential.

Anyway, I would say that these 2 will be the #1 and #2 ranked players in the world in 5 years...I just don't know who will be #1.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sinner has a nice game when on, but still plays straight up the line with little variation. for my mind he's prone to lacking consistency, I think 15 slams is far too much.

·
Premium Member
9,898 Posts
I've watched Sinner play 2 times so far and I'm very impressed with his game. I don't really need to see more to know that he's destined to be on top the game at some point in the future. Naturally, I will compare him to my favorite player. I would say that he seems to have a better mental game than Felix at this point in time and is also much more consistent. However, he will never be as good of an athlete as Felix or have the same firepower as him. Felix has the height advantage and will have the better serve between the 2. For these reasons, it's way too early to know what will happen in the future. IMO, Felix still has a higher ceiling than Sinner but who knows if he'll fulfill his potential.

Anyway, I would say that these 2 will be the #1 and #2 ranked players in the world in 5 years...I just don't know who will be #1.
Actually Sinners technique is fabulous and he generates easy power without putting a lot of strain on his arms and upper body.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Actually Sinners technique is fabulous and he generates easy power without putting a lot of strain on his arms and upper body.
I certainly agree that he generates easy power and I also think he has a great technique. It also seems to me that Sinner hits the ball much flatter than Felix and has less net clearance. It's more difficult to tell on TV than in person. The plan is to attend USO this year and watch the 3rd and 4th round. Hopefully they both make it there and I can see it in person myself.

It will be interesting to watch their first meeting in what could be a very long rivalry, let's hope we get at least one match between the 2 this year!

Being a fan of a player does not make it more likely that predictions about that player will come true.
As much as my username might be non sense right now I'm not delusional. I'm well aware that Felix could end up without a slam in his career but I highly doubt it. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the next gen share a bunch of slams and win 1 to 5 each without having someone dominate. IMO, it would still be more interesting to have 3 or 4 players dominate like the big 3 have.

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
Yeah he reminds me quite a bit like Berdych, hopefully he is more than that.

Hopefully he doesnt develop the bug eye , turn to choke face that Berdych had every time he realized it was time to choke.
I don't know why you guys act like Sinner is Berdych 2.0, like he is destined to possibly have the same career.

He's a much better rallier and more natural attacker all while having a lower center of gravity. He can more easily uphold an attack on lower balls.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts