Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I will give him 3-6 slams.
15 a big call i dont think we will see any double digits again. There will be too many capable so they will be shared in my opinion

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, you need just another 15 years to wait to check whether that will come true. Or not.
Yup, 95% of the active users won't be around so this thread will get burried and I will be safe if the prediction comes up short. If he indeed wins over 15, I'll make sure this thread will pop up on the first page. :D
Or Nadal wins a Slam and I'm gone for good.

·
Administrator
10,261 Posts
To me, FAA showed much more promise at the same age last year. 26 top 100 wins between Rio and Wimbledon last year. While I don't know much about Sinner's game, the results haven't been as consistent yet so it's a bit early to say. That doesn't mean they won't come around though. Maybe Rotterdam was a turning point for more consistent results. It'll be interesting to see how Indian Wells and Miami go, though he might have to go through qualifying for one or both of them if I'm remembering correctly.

Regarding the prediction, 15 slams is a lot. We haven't seen him on clay at the ATP level yet and he wasn't particularly successful at the challenger level there.

·
justice for all
12,634 Posts
Yup, 95% of the active users won't be around so this thread will get burried and I will be safe if the prediction comes up short. If he indeed wins over 15, I'll make sure this thread will pop up on the first page. :D
Or Nadal wins a Slam and I'm gone for good.
Yeah right, 15 years is so long that some may not be even alive anymore. 😇
One thing I hope will happen is Nadal will NOT be winning slams by that time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well, obviously its a possibility(with players playing well into their 30's and all the surfaces are homogenized) but its waaayyyyy to early to say something like this, who knows, maybe he will become the next berdych?

·
Registered
28,771 Posts
Here's the thing: even if he seems to have a high peak, the probability he will keep it up for that many years in a row is EXTREMELY low.

That's a part of Big 3's legacy which perhaps is not praised enough: their consistency, which is absolutely insane.

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
Are you trying to take my spot??

Damn. Chill.

The thing is, the next era is absolutely loaded:

Sinner, Aliassime, Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Kokkinakis, Chung, Hurkacz, Zverev, Rublev, Paul, Shapovalov, Moutet, DeMinaur, then guys like Alcaraz coming...

That's at least 7 guys who in their prime will have a legit claim to slams and many others who on their day can produce the level to upset a favorite.

I'm not sure, even for MTOAT's level, 15 slams is possible.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts

Damn. Chill.

Sinner, Aliassime, Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Kokkinakis, Chung, Hurkacz, Zverev, Rublev, Paul, Shapovalov, Moutet, DeMinaur, then guys like Alcaraz coming...

That's at least 7 guys who in their prime will have a legit claim to slams and many others who on their day can produce the level to upset a favorite.

Kokkinakis?? Are you having a laugh? :LOL:
Chung is almost as fragile as Kokkinakis, Moutet is too short and a headcase and Hurkacz will have the odd big upset but isn't likely to win anything big in his career

Musetti & Draper are more exciting prospects than those guys.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Chung is almost as fragile as Kokkinakis, Moutet is too short and a headcase and Hurkacz will have the odd big upset but isn't likely to win anything big in his career

A rare tri colour!!

I see your point I also like Jonas F from Czech and Baez/Acosta.

Would not rule moutet out

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Damn. Chill.

You take Khachanov and Coric, I need an Italian to take Fabio's place after he retires. :D

I agree, the field is loaded with young talented players, 15 Slams is a retarded prediction. 6-8 is totally possible though.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
A rare tri colour!!

I see your point I also like Jonas F from Czech and Baez/Acosta.

Would not rule moutet out
Baez looks promising on clay but I am reserving judgement until I see him on other surfaces. I have only seen Diaz Acosta play once but he has a nice game. I forgot about Forejtek until your post but he definitely has potential.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Indeed a bold prediction, that was my first thought. However considering that it'll actually take you some 15 years to see if that'll ever be true (as pointed out here), maybe not such a bold one eventually. But I promise to ne here to check whether you were right or not @enlightenedth - should this forum still exist then ;).

If you ask me (as a big fan) I don't quite think that'll be possible for Jannik.
The reasons for that have pretty much already been presented in this thread, except for injuries. We really don't know yet how injury prone Jannik is: so far so good, but will it last for the next 15 years? Hope so, but the strain these pro players go through is something that is hard to grasp for those only watching the sport. It can take it's toll on anyone, as we've seen happen.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
To me, FAA showed much more promise at the same age last year. 26 top 100 wins between Rio and Wimbledon last year. While I don't know much about Sinner's game, the results haven't been as consistent yet so it's a bit early to say. That doesn't mean they won't come around though. Maybe Rotterdam was a turning point for more consistent results. It'll be interesting to see how Indian Wells and Miami go, though he might have to go through qualifying for one or both of them if I'm remembering correctly.
Right now, Sinner is a couple of weeks younger than FAA was at the start of Rio-2019. FAA's results before Rio-2019 were not as good as Sinner's result to date. So you comment is a bit off.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Two if he's lucky

·
Registered
13,696 Posts

I was going off a wishful assumption of infinite health in that comment.

Kokki probably will never come to fruition. Don't see why we should rule out Chung's health just yet. People forget how good he is.

You are right about Moutet, but especially Hurkacz obviously has the talent to take out just about anyone on his day, when his serve is clicking. Thats one assessment I don't agree with.

Moutet won't win a slam, but he can beat players that could, in a slam. That was the point of the post.

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts