Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about Janko, eh?!

Stoked that he's focused - and pumped that he'll get a chance to play his good friend Nole Djokovic on the big stage.

He's such an awesome personality - good guy and edgy as well. I think he's awesome for the sport. Thoughts?

Side note, as New York City was shutting down last Saturday as 'Hurricane Irene' approached - despite most of the city at a standstill, Janko and Women's Top 10 (going into the Quarterfinals too) Sam Stosur greeted adoring fans who came out in the horrible weather to the O Store in Times Square for a rockin' time.

Janko and Sam at Times Square
http://youtu.be/5SjraT65Kf8?hd=1

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
I like Janko too but he gets a fair amount of crap thrown at him on this forum - some of it justified, some not. He retired in the Eastbourne final when he was down 3-5 in the third set and that was indeed classless. However I do like his charisma and his game is beautiful when he is on, particularly his backhand DTL. Wish him the best against Djokovic, and hopefully this time he will go out there with a killing intent even though they are friends.

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Yeah, I quite like jelena jankovic

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
he's the coolest looking player on the tour with his mad professor shades, sortof reminds me of arnaud clement in his heyday.

Janko

Arnaud

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
Hard to like someone that wears sunnies on court.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
he's the coolest looking player on the tour with his mad professor shades, sortof reminds me of arnaud clement in his heyday.

Janko

Arnaud
haha my favorite thing about him is the shades too, he rocks them and so rarely do tennis players wear them. actually having played tennis a lot myself I can say they sort of hurt visability as far as seeing the ball is concerned (ball is not caught as easily by the eyes). but def very cool looking

·
Premium Member
21,474 Posts
Q. Talking about wearing the glasses, most athletes who wear contacts have the laser surgery. Is that something that...

JANKO TIPSAREVIC: I tried contacts but it wasn't working for me because my eyes get red within five seconds. I tried to push through that phase, but it didn't work. I'm not a fan of laser eye surgery. I'm gonna keep wearing the glasses.
:)

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
just the other day at his press conference Jankko said that he wears real specs cause he's myopic..

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I like his shades and they make him look cool on court, but him as a person.................highly questionable.

·
Registered
19,319 Posts
My 2nd favourite player after Nole

He's great :cool:

:worship:

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
My 2nd favourite player after Nole

He's great :cool:

:worship:
12 seconds of gold thanks. JT is having a crazy good year. One could argue he's improved as much as Djokovic this year (career high improved from >30 to top 15 after US Open).

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Janko is a great guy and good player, honest as they come and so hawt. :lick:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha my favorite thing about him is the shades too, he rocks them and so rarely do tennis players wear them. actually having played tennis a lot myself I can say they sort of hurt visability as far as seeing the ball is concerned (ball is not caught as easily by the eyes). but def very cool looking
Not to get too technical, but Oakley's have virtually no image distortion - there are more than 600 patents on Oakleys with special technology that ensure optical superiority. I don't want to post any links on this page, but on Oakley's website, under innovation, you can find more technical info. Plus legendary impact protection.

Also, Janko wears prescription and photochromic (changes tint with light conditions) lenses, so for the record, he has no image distortion.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Janko out of Australian Open. Sad.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Poor Janko! I just hope he doesn't need to have surgery on his foot. I am eagerly looking forward to news of the birth of his and Biljana's little girl! I wonder what her name will be?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts