Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YES..my favorite player try to comeback! Hope he will doing great and he will continue!!

[Dream Big And Work Damn Hard]

As a young kid growing up in Belgrade I had a dream to play tennis at all of the grand slams - most people thought I was crazy! It was a big, bold and ambitious dream.

I have now played in 47 Grand Slam tournaments in my career, and I am about to head to Melbourne Park for Australian Open for number 48. It has been a hard road to get here over the past 15 months with several surgeries, hours and hours of painful rehabilitation, months of practicing and an intense pre-season. I have worked damn hard to get back to this place!

Dream big, bold and be unashamedly ambitious. Once you have dreamt it work damn hard to make it a reality. Just when you think you have worked as hard as you can, push yourself to go to another level that you did not think was even possible.

As I say to all of the students at the Tipsarevic Academy you need to just keep digging. The gold is never on the surface, you always have to dig a little deeper to find it. I promise you that the feeling you experience once you have unearthed that gold will be one of the best feelings of your life.

#whatsyourcomeback #comeback #keepdigging #itstipsytime #tennis #jankotipsarevic #sport #ausopen #instatennis #lifequotes #inspo #tenniscourt #tennisrunsinourblood #inspirationalquotes #tennislifestyle #passion #motivation #mindset #ausopen2019 #ausopen19 #gold

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,637 Posts
Re: Janko Tipsarevic : Comeback in Melbourne

He's been away like forever, comeback hasn't truly materialized. Wish him well.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts

Only 34, last time he truly played he was still top 50 at 32, so why not?

Can get some good top 50 years in on the back end like Haas

·
Registered
28,789 Posts

I always liked Tipsy. His backhand when on, especially down the line, is straight up delicious. Let's hope he can come back and produce some entertaining tennis. :)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

He looks so great and hot and sexy. Love him. What a man.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

More Janko

Being Unstoppable]

It is almost the year of my #comeback and I am using this moment to reflect on how far my team and I have come.

I knew I wanted to make this #comeback, but to be honest there were times we were doubting whether it would be possible. It's been a hard road to get here with several surgeries, hours of painful rehabilitation, months of practicing and now an intense pre-season.

Making a commitment to #comeback is emotional; this is why I have decided to share so much and push others to dig deeper as well. For me it's not so much about the results, of course it is great to win, but I wanted to prove to myself that I can get healthy, work hard, try my best and get back enjoying what I love doing most.

I am committed to sharing my #comeback with as many people as possible to inspire others to share their comebacks together as a community. Professional athletes excel in a high performance system and community. I want to create this structure for our comebacks together.

I have shared a few pictures of the treatments I have had over the past 15 months. I am so grateful for the support from my fans, my team, the wider tennis community and incredible medical staff.

#tennis #keepdigging #grateful #jankotipsarevic #sport #ausopen #instatennis #lifequotes #inspo #tenniscourt #tennisrunsinourblood #inspirationalquotes #tennislifestyle #passion #motivation #mindset #whatsyourcomeback #keepdigging

·
Registered
3,178 Posts

3rd round v Federer, let's get in on again.

I remember waking up to watch that in 2008 and only seeing the closing stages of the 5th set. Was amazed at the time at Federer actually being taken to 5 sets in early round of a slam as this was obviously following 2005-07 when he was basically straight setting every one early on.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

Ajde Janko, but will be tough to make a comeback @ 34

·
Registered
756 Posts

The Debbie Downer in me thinks he's just after the PR $$$ à la Tursunov/Diatchenko :shrug: I'm still planning to cheer on and enjoy his matches though :yippee:

·
Registered
631 Posts

When I saw that he had made a statement I thought to myself “I wonder how long it’ll be before mentioning Belgrade” joking but also meaning it. Turns out it was sentence one, word eight. A new record, I believe.

Good luck to him. I used to quite like him but then he got more and more hipster the more successful he got and it put me off.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

good for him, nice to see an old face return for a last shot at glory

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Re: Janko Tipsarevic : The Comeback / this week: Bangkok

Happy New Year from us to you!
It’s now another year, which means you have 365 chances to make your dreams and goals a reality... Make each of them count!

#2019 #2019goals #happynewyear #happynewyear2019 #hny #hny2019 #tennis #keepdigging #jankotipsarevic #sport #ausopen #instatennis #lifequotes #inspo #tenniscourt #tennisrunsinourblood #inspirationalquotes #tennislifestyle #passion #motivation #mindset
:hearts:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

What would you tell your younger self?]

I remember when I was this little boy growing up in Belgrade, when I got scared or nervous I would simply freeze - my body was paralysed and I could not function.

In my career, I have worked with some of the leading sports psychologists and have developed many strategies to overcome nerves and fear. For me there are two important strategies that I deploy in these situations:

1) Positive Reinforcement - Reassuring myself that I can do this.

2) Focusing on one or two things that I have control over, and not those I don't. If you watch any of my matches, you will notice that in high pressured moments I am constantly reassuring myself with "You've got this" and "come on" - this positive reinforcement helps me.

I also yell loudly in my native Serbian tongue. This isn't anger, it's focus. For example, "Janko, l want you to toss this ball high on your serve - so high it's nearly hitting the birds". I know I am fortunate enough to work in a profession where I can yell at the top of my lungs without people contacting HR. But, if you are restricted in this way, I encourage you to visualise yourself screaming positive reinforcement and focus points as loudly as you possibly can.

I wish I would have shared this strategy with my younger self. If you have the opportunity to share one piece of advice with your younger self, what would it be? I can't wait to see your answers commented below.

#tennis #keepdigging #jankotipsarevic #sport #ausopen #instatennis #lifequotes #inspo #tenniscourt #tennisrunsinourblood #inspirationalquotes #tennislifestyle #passion #motivation #mindset #mindsetiseverything

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

I was surprised to see his forearm tattoo in Japanese. What's the story with that?
Dostoevsky's "Beauty will save the world" quote, from The Idiot novel on his left arm. First two letters of the names of his his family on the right. I guess he likes Japanese katakana symbols.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hope he is really serious with this comeback and hope he will play a full season..but more and more it looked like a goor PR move for his academy and some pocket money for him ....

1 - 20 of 111 Posts