Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure, why not a thread :p

Looks like James is planning to play a pretty full indoor schedule. I suppose DC could count, since it's indoors. We'll find out pretty soon if James is picked for the 2nd singles spot, I guess. He's entered Metz and Stockholm, and surely he will play both Madrid and Paris since he'll get in directly. Not sure yet if he's entered into one of Basel, Lyon, or St. Petersburg (they are in between Madrid and Paris) but hopefully not as that would have him playing 5 weeks in a row! :eek:

Go James, keep movin' on up!!

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay, I will just talk to myself.

Since DC is being held indoors I guess we can talk about it here. He was picked on the official team nominations posted today at the DC site!

WOOHOO!!

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
you don't have to talk to yourself :p
i hope james doesn't decide to play 5 weeks in a row, he's already played quite a lot lately, and after 3+ really great weeks his mind has got to be a bit fried, he'll definitely need some rest.

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
Yay for James getting picked! It was an obvious choice anyway, with his slightly better clay record :lol:

He'd better not play 5 weeks in a row.. that's insane! Unless he loses early, then it's fine but of course we do not want that to happen!

Go James! Bring your momentum into the indoor season!

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is from tennis-x ... so I guess James was just put there as a random technicality b/c he could only officially nominate 4 players :( C'mon James! Show you deserve to play!
---------------
U.S. Davis cup captain Patrick McEnroe says don't jump the gun on the Davis Cup website showing James Blake as the No. 2 singles player, since his actual choice will be announced as late as 24 hours before the match: "According to Davis Cup rules, the country must elect four players 10 days before the match," P-Mac told Tennis-X. "Those players can be changed for any reason up to the draw ceremony, which takes place 24 hours before the match begins. Thus, my selection of the four players [Andy Roddick, James Blake, the Bryan brothers] at this point is simply a technicality."

·
Registered
558 Posts
Pat is crazy if he doesn't pick James. I like Robby too but he's hardly ever won a single match on clay. The Rochii are tough opponents.

I hope James can rack up some points in the indoor season. You never know with him, will he play like he did at the Open, or just lose to anybody? I don't mind if he plays five weeks, because he might lose early here or there -- if he goes deep in a draw, he can always drop out.

But does anyone know if he will get into Madrid main draw directly?

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is not in the Madrid main draw, and he's fairly low on the ALT list so he'd have to try to qualify. So if he goes deep the week before he wouldn't be able to... and that's ok, b/c a week off in there might be nice anyway. He's also on the Lyon list.

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
James was at the Team's initial press conference today :)

Attachments

·
rainha (:
6,417 Posts
I just love seeing James up there with the rest of the guys :D :D, but smile guys!!! you look bored out of your minds :lol: :lol:

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea :D

Probably the questions sucked ;) :lol:

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
wow i don't think they could possibly look more bored in those pics. :lol:

Reactions: snaillyyy

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
GO JAMES!!! :bigclap: I hope his indoor season is as great as his summer hardcourt season.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Golfnduck said:
GO JAMES!!! :bigclap: I hope his indoor season is as great as his summer hardcourt season.
I second that! :yeah:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Good luck James!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
GO JAMES!!!!! Get the first point for Team USA!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Good luck James!
I'm sorry i want Belgium to win :eek: but i hope you'll win your match against Vliegen/Rochus!
Go James! :hug:
And if the US win i'll be happy too! ;)

1 - 20 of 162 Posts