Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Blake has capped off one of the worst chokes in the history of tennis.

It will be hard for him to get his career back on track from here.

R.I.P Jimmy James (or whatever it is those J-Block arse clowns like to chant).

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think that this US Open was great for James, regardless of his loss tonight. I'm sure he will win a slam next year.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Serving for the set is tough. How often does this happen on both the men's and women's sides? Also, it's hard when you have a losing record to a Champion (1-5 now).

James' game has really upgraded from the time I saw him play Federer in 2003 USO. He'll be back.

However, if he'd won this year's USO, he'd be breaking the 21 Rule.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
CoreyH75 said:
I think that this US Open was great for James, regardless of his loss tonight. I'm sure he will win a slam next year.
He'll never win a Slam but will now always go deep instead of losing 2nd, 3rd rounds to #1 or #2 player.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
CoreyH75 said:
:rolleyes:

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tennis Fool said:
Serving for the set is tough. How often does this happen on both the men's and women's sides? Also, it's hard when you have a losing record to a Champion (1-5 now).

James' game has really upgraded from the time I saw him play Federer in 2003 USO. He'll be back.

However, if he'd won this year's USO, he'd be breaking the 21 Rule.
besides the fact that the word "champion" is a discretionary term, since when does it matter that someone has a losing record against another person?

The Bangladesh cricket team had never beaten Australia, yet they did so this year.

Likewise, Xavier Malisse has a deplorable record against Tommy Haas, but he beat Tommy from a set down in their last encounter.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
liptea said:
This US Open was great for Novak and Robby Ginepri too. I'm sure they'll win Slams next year.
Novak will win all the slams, and Ginepri will be the runner up in all of them.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Chloe said:
This is more or less what I was thinking, but you can only respond to one "LAKSJDKAS?!" post at a time :(

And sometimes the rolling eyes smiley just captures it all with once click of the mouse.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
That wasn't a choke, he lost to a more experienced player. He'll get over it, learn from it, and move on. He's got Davis Cup to deal with after a few days of rest. I supposed they are meeting at Andy's house again...

Reactions: Alan

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Chloe said:
Novak will win all the slams, and Ginepri will be the runner up in all of them.

At last, someone who knows what they're talking about ;) :p

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
liptea said:
This US Open was great for Novak and Robby Ginepri too. I'm sure they'll win Slams next year.
:lol: This US Open was great for Nadal. He managed to do one round better than his previous best. He will surely win the US Open next year.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
savestheday91 said:
At last, someone who knows what they're talking about ;) :p
I'm waiting for somebody to cut in one of these times and ask: Do you really think Jiri has it in him?

·
Registered
558 Posts
James won't win a slam ever, but I think the effects of this tournament will be much more positive for his career than negative. He's always been a bit chokey, he always will be, but he's also played the best tennis of his life this week.

His results can't exactly go down from what they've been in the last year. :)

1 - 20 of 171 Posts