Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
So do I.

If Cilic and Wawrinka could win a Slam...

·
Registered
17,971 Posts
The question is only when. In 6 or in 8 years?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
honestly I think he probably can too. moves great for his size, tons of power, great groundstrokes overall, great serve

he's like an entirely different player from this season compared to last

definitely when looking at the upcoming generations he'll have his chances. maybe at the US Open?

cute picture btw hahaha

·
Registered
11,134 Posts
He's only 22. He has plenty of time ahead. The forehand is sublime, the serve is okay but really inconsistent, but the backhand :help:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Jack Sock has won a slam already. :angel: :angel:

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Jack Sock will avoid Djokovic CYGS in US OPEN 2015 SF. Then he will claim the title in the final against Isner.

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
honestly I think he probably can too. moves great for his size, tons of power, great groundstrokes overall, great serve

he's like an entirely different player from this season compared to last

definitely when looking at the upcoming generations he'll have his chances. maybe at the US Open?

cute picture btw hahaha
Great post. I think he can win US Open or RG one day.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
With complete lack of backhand ?? no..
And most of backhandless players at least have a good slice, but his slice is also shit as hell

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Reminds me a bit of Madison Keys, huge American hitter, but streaky, inconsistent and a bit brainless.
Losing to the likes of Lajovic is just proof of that.
That being said, yeah he'll prolly be Top 10 in a couple of years, make a couple of slam SFs, Fs and then we'll go from there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't see it. His backhand isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but his lack of confidence in it leads to too many ill-advised attempts to run around, and players above a certain level can consistently take advantage of his compromised positioning. Seemingly dozens of times today, he would try to run around, not quite get in position to do damage with the forehand, then be caught out when Nadal angled the ball to the open court. It's improbable that he could ever get through multiple top players employing that style.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I don't see it. His backhand isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but his lack of confidence in it leads to too many ill-advised attempts to run around, and players above a certain level can consistently take advantage of his compromised positioning. Seemingly dozens of times today, he would try to run around, not quite get in position to do damage with the forehand, then be caught out when Nadal angled the ball to the open court. It's improbable that he could ever get through multiple top players employing that style.
It is.

It was embarrassing against the great Rogie in Indian Wells.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts