Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really promising junior player who is recently getting into the pro circuit. 17 year old and left handed. Recently made the final at Wimbledon in 2018 and won 4 futures since september last year. His highest ranking was 421 before the ITF rules changed, he is 562 now.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I bet he didn't like the ranking change! I wish him well the UK needs more good players especially with Andy's health problems.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting that :) @ThomieK
You’re welcome! I have been following him since the early rounds of Wimbledon and I think he has a big chance of making the top in the coming few hears 0:)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is hard for me to follow Futures so I hope you will add any information you get on the event here :)

If I don’t forget, I’ll post the results on here

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jack plays his match in around 30 minutes against the 5th seed Haerteis. In around 7 hours, he will also play a doubles match.
Hope he can win a few matches here to start the season good.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He wins 7-6(7) 6-3 in 2h04 and moves on to the second round where he will play Mchugh (Q) or Van Rijthoven. Doubles will be later today :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot to mention you @Mae :wink2:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jack just lost his second round with 2-6 4-6. Second set was close but his opponent had the early break. Still a good start of his year, let’s hope it will be a great one like the end of last year!
@Mae

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Next week he will be playing a M25 in Glasgow. Entry list kind of the same as it was this week but a bit stronger.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tomorrow Jack will play the 18 year old Cornut Chauvinc, ranked 460, from France.

His predicted path to the final:
R2 Lenz (7)
QF Shane (3)
SF Escoffier (2)
F Broady (1)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Tomorrow Jack will play the 18 year old Cornut Chauvinc, ranked 460, from France.

His predicted path to the final:
R2 Lenz (7)
QF Shane (3)
SF Escoffier (2)
F Broady (1)
I wish him good luck. BTW where do you go to follow Futures?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He won his doubles today with 6-1 6-2, playing together with another British 17 year old. Tomorrow he plays his singles at 10am local time on court 6.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts