Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solid week from Quinzi, beat good opponents (Lindell, M.Cuevas, Ignatik) but Velotti is probably too much at this point of his career. Should be Agustin's first title in more than a year.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Augustin Velotti was a good prospect, he won RG Juniors in 2011, is from the same year as Schwartzman, but never really succeeded, he won 2 challengers at this best. Good victory tough for the Boca Junior's fan this week.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Quinzi will never break through anyway

Reactions: Burrow

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Augustin Velotti was a good prospect, he won RG Juniors in 2011, is from the same year as Schwartzman, but never really succeeded, he won 2 challengers at this best. Good victory tough for the Boca Junior's fan this week.
Short player too, possibly as short as Schwartzman? But with quite a big serve i remember. Obviously his ground game must be miles behind the Argie superplayer.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Short player too, possibly as short as Schwartzman? But with quite a big serve i remember. Obviously his ground game must be miles behind the Argie superplayer.
He is not as short as Diego...I think agus is around 173 cm

Reactions: BodyServe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quinzi is a former Wimbledon Junior champion having defeated Hyeon Chung in the finals. Never made much of an impact on the professional tour except having played in the ATP next generation finals as the Italian wildcard and having broken into the top 150 if that can be called an achievement.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Velotti can be decent sometimes and sometimes he can be trash. I've seen him in both roles. I actually expected him to lose vs Baez. Quinzi is way more talented, but is moody. He could still create a good future for himself at the age of 24, but he's gotta do something similar to what Krajinovic did at 25 - do well at pretty much every challenger and keep climbing. As far as Velotti, I'm not sure he can do anything more at 28.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts