Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I agree. This is really 50 / 50.

I did predict Nadal to win IW over Federer, but this will be Nadals toughest challenge.

I actually have a bad feeling Djokovic will win. Maybe just to continue the "revenge theme" (meaning Nadal has been getting revenge against Tsonga and Blake and Joker will now get his revenge against Nadal for last years loss in the finals).

This one is really too tough to call.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
If Novak plays as he did against Wawrinka, he will lose. If he plays as he did against Canas, then I think he will win.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm guessing Nole wins the popular vote- and it makes sense why he would. Hard courts are his favorite surface and he's confident, but I still think Rafa's going to pull out another win.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Please **** the Pig, Nole :rocker2:

6-0 6-0 :rocker2:
Please **** the Djoko, Piggy!!! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :lol:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Everyone myself included has underestimated Rafa all tournament, yet he keeps refusing to lose. I'm going with him.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Everyone myself included has underestimated Rafa all tournament, yet he keeps refusing to lose. I'm going with him.
Is that so? ;) :p

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Base on how both players played in this tournament so far, Nadal has the edge.

i am not sure i agree Lee. i dont think Tsonga and Blake have the mental skills/toughness Djokovic has. and of course we know Djokovic has the game for hard courts.

so its a tough call. Nadal will have to play a clean match and try to stay with Djokovic. he will have to take care of his serve and that will be priority #1 in that match.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I'm bored with matches Rafa-Nole because are always one-sided. I hope they will finally play a hard-fought match with some dramaturgy. D'Joke is a delicate favourite to win this match...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I don't know how I can go against Nadal in this one. Aside from someone with hardcourt god-mode (Federer and Nalbandian), I don't see anyone wrenching it from him. Djokovic is more consistent than either Blake or Tsonga and could possibly grind Nadal down, but he's still less consistent than Nadal, certainly at the moment. He looked his normal shaky self today against Wawrinka, fortunate enough to have Wawrinka gift-wrap set #1 while struggling with more breathing problems, so I have to go with Rafa, who is playing some of his most inspired hard court tennis in a long time. Unless Djokovic doesn't show up, it should go three sets, and Rafa has completely dominated in pressure situations thus far.

Maybe it's just that I'm terribly biased and want Nadal (or anyone) to kick Joke's ass.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
If only we had Federer-Nalbandian in the other semi my tennis wet dream would be complete.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. With the game he possesses it is tough to think he can do so well on hardcourts as against guys like Murray or someone else who are more naturally talented and gifted players. But his continued results over the years proves he is still a very good (not great)player on the hard courts.

Having said that, I think Djoker might be too good for him on this surface. Lets see whether he proves me wrong on this one too:D

1 - 20 of 194 Posts