Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
fyrstenberg/matkowski held the first game and then lost 12 of the next 13 games :rolleyes:
sure lopez/nadal is a great team, but come on the poles are one of the top 8 doubles,joke of a perfomance

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Lopez is an awesome doubles player and I think he deserves more credit when he and Rafa win doubles matches. I remember watching them play Roger & Stan last year and Roger and Rafa were dreadful, Stan mediocre and Marc was amazing.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Lopez is an awesome doubles player and I think he deserves more credit when he and Rafa win doubles matches. I remember watching them play Roger & Stan last year and Roger and Rafa were dreadful, Stan mediocre and Marc was amazing.
Amusing then that FedRinka won that match. I only saw bits of that match, however I remember Rafa double faulting when facing set point against Roger's BH return. :lol: One of the biggest jokes of the tourney that was

·
Registered
670 Posts
honestly I thought Stan played better than roger. But yes Marc is an amaing doubles player. I'm not even sure if he's ever played any singles matches in his career?!!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Wow! Kind of feel sorry for the Poles! And they were in the top 8 doubles teams last year. :eek:

The success of Rafa/Lopez; Isner/Querrey etc. just highlights why as good as the Bryans are one can't necessarily rank them high as tennis players- better doubles teams just aren't playing i.e. the singles players. Nadal, Fed, Murray etc. if they played regularly with a good partner would easily be ranked in the top positions.

Hope they win the title! Nadal yet to drop a set in either singles or doubles; only guy not to be broken as yet in singles.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
I smell a title here :rocker:

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Even heating it up in doubles, this Rafa is good. Looking forward to all the trophies he's going to win this year :bounce:

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
Professional doubles players :haha::facepalm:

·
Your visions will happen
48,600 Posts
Marc Lopez carrying Rafa :p

·
Registered
59,035 Posts
Really shows, to me, how doubles is at a lower level. When Fedalurray enter, they frequently win (Djokovic is horrible)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts