1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hell yeah!! Unnecessary drama in the end, but the level Dominator is showing in IW is very encouraging. Dream final for me now.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Dominic did his best to try to gift wrap that last service game but Milos wouldn't accept it. Another brutal unforced error in a match full of them for him on that point. His FH was particularly awful today, which is pretty uncharacteristic and probably a sign of nerves. He hasn't played a lot of big matches in the past year and it shows when he gets in these situations.

Thiem played solid enough himself and kept the errors to a minimum. A deserved win and final (although I expect Fed to take advantage of his court position pretty easily).

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Ugly match. But Thiem showed signs of great form.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Very pro-Thiem crowd. Raonic :hug:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Domi tried his hardest to get broken when serving for the match, as always against these bots

Raonic on the other hand becomes a bigger servebot with every passing day. I alway hesitated naming him in the same category as Karlovic, Isner or Kyrgios, but if he keeps being this bad off the ground I might have to reconsider my decision. at one point in the third TennisTV showed the amount of baseline points won by either player, and I think Domi was leading 50 to 15 or something like that

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Glad domi won--I always root against the servebots, and I always liked domi and think it's time he had at least a 1000, and Fed needs to be put in context now!!!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Thiem should have won it in fairly easy two, but Roanic servebotted and volleybotted himself to the 3rd.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
High level match in general. Only one break, a lot of good points, not too many errors. Robot had a lot of great volleys but missed his chance to be back in the 3rd. Thiem had a very good overall performance with very few errors and won this match without relying on long exchanges (esp. his serve was working very well). Could be a very interesting match tomorrow, Dominic is definitely in a good form.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Congrats to Thiem. Thiem played well (except the end of that 3rd set), and Raonic did not. 0 UE in the first set by Thiem!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The best result of the season so far. So glad that Dominic beat the robot.
Domi was unlucky in the second set tie-break but was really good overall except the nerves shown on the last game which could have been very costly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A lucky Raonic netcord is the only reason this even ended up in a third set. Thiem was much stronger save for that nervy last game.

It never ceases to amaze me how raw Raonic's strokes still are at nearly 29. How have none of the glaring technical holes in his game been addressed?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts