Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Don :eek: :worship:
Good job for Donald to maintain his focus in that 3rd set as he should have won in straights.
Nadal next, and maybe I'm just a biased fan, but I think he has a chance the way Rafa played today.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
The Don defeats FLo 6-4, 6-7(3), 6-2

Well played by Young. HE got the better of a lot of lefty-to-lefty FH rallies and of course picked on the Lopez BH. Lalo's big serve wasn't as effective on these very slow courts. Young ripped Lopez apart in the 3rd set.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
IW R2: The Don def. Pretty Boy Lopez 6-4, 6-7(3), 6-2

WOW Don! Big time win here after losing the tiebreaker and considering how well LaLo played last week. Let's see how he does against the ass picker! :worship:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I hope he destroy Nadal.

But it give it a 3% chance.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If Lopez had just taken those early bp's in the first set, there would have been no need for the a third. Those double faults killed him in the 3rd set. Just by following the livescore I could picture Feli being completely pissed off, screaming at himself and whatnot. You just knew when he double faulted to give Young his first break in the third that he was done. Oh well. He did well to push it to a 3rd set when Young had served for the match in the 2nd. It was an even match throughout.

Congrats to Young.

Come on Rafa, kick his ass! He beat your Fidgiano.

Ya know...most of the time when it looks like Lopez and Nadal will meet in a tournament, one of them loses in the prior round. Usually Lopez. I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence. Do they discuss this beforehand? Perhaps the night before?...:aplot:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Woooohoooo I knew he could do it! This is the biggest win of his young career so far. Way to come back after losing the 2nd set. Well done, Don!

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Well Done Donald:hug:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Lol, I hope Young lives up to the hype that he gets, but if Nadal goes to 3 with him then there really is something wrong with Rafa.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey All,

That's 'Javelin Don' to us. LOL! It would seem he's calmed down since the time he heaved his racket out of the stadium. He has to learn how to close sets out. At 5-3 in the second, who wouldn't want to find themseves in that position to win it there. Having to go three sets after losing your serve is not the ideal situation to be in. Lopez could have come back - but Donald held on - finally. Great win for him. He needs to up his second return and serve points won stats.

"GET THE UPSET IN THE NEXT ROUND - DONALD" "SHAKE UP THE OPEN"

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:LnB7v_cxnOYJ:klevius.info/Zelezny.jpg

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
This Don is good. People will still mock him, but probably only those who haven't seen him play. Great talent, and when he can add a little bit more power to his game he'll be a real threat (hasn't really got one outstanding shot, but very solid in all departments).

If his nerve holds, he'll trouble Nadal. It's not a great match up for him, but I hope he puts up a good fight.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Well done to the Don. :)

I've still only seen him a couple of times but it's obvious he has potential. Hopefully he'll continue to work hard and try to live up to some of the early hype. I can't wait to see him on the clay, I think he could potentially be a very good slow court player.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts