1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
they both havent lost a set this tournament yet, i gotta go with my man in 2

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Hewitt in 2. He's been in better form this week.

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
I'll also take Hewitt in 2. This is probably his best Masters Tournament and he appears to be in form at the moment.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Fish in straights or Rusty in 3! Hope the first one.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
CB, you clearly know something I don't. Do you have a link or could you briefly describe what happened? Thanks.

Sure...

1) Against a couple of French players...Fish has made remarks about them being French in a sneering tone. Can't remember the particulars because I try to forget what happens with this fellow- but maybe someone can fill it in. And of course- although he did not insult Julian Benneteau for being French there was the lovely time when he lost to him in 2004 and then said at the net something along the lines of "I can't believe I lost to a journeyman like you."

2) There were a couple of spectator accounts that during the 2005 USO match between Gasquet and Ginepri Fish was in the crowd, drunk (remember he was out for injury) and calling Richard a slur.

3) Look at the socks...'nuf said.

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
Sure...

1) Against a couple of French players...Fish has made remarks about them being French in a sneering tone. Can't remember the particulars because I try to forget what happens with this fellow- but maybe someone can fill it in. And of course- although he did not insult Julian Benneteau for being French there was the lovely time when he lost to him in 2004 and then said at the net something along the lines of "I can't believe I lost to a journeyman like you."

2) There were a couple of spectator accounts that during the 2005 USO match between Gasquet and Ginepri Fish was in the crowd, drunk (remember he was out for injury) and calling Richard a slur.

3) Look at the socks...'nuf said.
Classy guy. It's a pity he won't be representing the U.S. in the tie against France. Thanks for the info.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Hewitt will fry the Fish.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I'm thinking Hewitt in two, but it should be an interesting match. Depends how Fish's serve is working but I don't see him being consistent enough to beat Lleyton.

Hope for a good match though, may the best man win. :)

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Classy guy. It's a pity he won't be representing the U.S. in the tie against France. Thanks for the info.
I feel bad because I am always dissing him here. But I keep hearing stories...and well- don't like what I hear. Hewitt seems to have matured- maybe Mardy will too, hopefully.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
terrible matchup for the fish.

only questions is whether the fish will fry or will be grilled

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Lleyton- please beat the French insulting, gay slurring, ankle socks wearing Fish.
consider it done clara. Rusty will school Fish. Fish is just not in the same league with the Australian.

first set might be close as Rusty gets a bit of a read on his serve but after that, its all over for the Fishy.

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
I feel bad because I am always dissing him here. But I keep hearing stories...and well- don't like what I hear. Hewitt seems to have matured- maybe Mardy will too, hopefully.
Hewitt was humbled after 2002 and, you're right, he matured a lot. I quite respect someone who can compete on the court as hard as Hewitt and Rafa (there are others, I'm sure) but still remain humble in the press room and elsewhere.

Mardy never fell from grace like Hewitt or Agassi mostly because he never achieved such great results. I'm not optimistic about Mardy maturing in the near future--although I didn't realize the extent of his questionable behavior until your post.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
Fish will be a flake by the end of the match.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts