Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andujar played like a jar of dirt for the first half an hour or so, while Nole looked pretty sharp. He then proceeded to play his heart out in the second, hitting with nothing to lose (with a classic 0/7 BP conversion), jarring Nole somewhat. Third was a pretty standard outcome. Was a great effort from Mr. Jar :hatoff:

JAR

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
This man can play. Now he needs a pair of cojones to get those BP's in and save some as well

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Good warmup from a gritty opponent for the inevitable date with the lawnmower man in the final.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't think Pablo was in a mood for that hug at the net.

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
very good break point conversion 5/5

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Good fight from andujar

·
Registered
853 Posts
This man can play. Now he needs a pair of cojones to get those BP's in and save some as well
That can be said of anyone outside the top 10 actually. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Too bad Pablito can produce this good shit only against Djokovic.
I can bet my house he would bend over to Nadal nicely without any fight.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Djoko just about pissed this away. 8 BPs, including one in the final set.

68 percent winning on FS, isn't going to cut it. Second serve bailed Djoko out here.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
That can be said of anyone outside the top 3 actually. :shrug:
Doesn't make it less true. It's the big difference between them and the slamless chumps

·
Premium Member
21,537 Posts
Nole only 2 UEs in the 1st and leaking them off the backhand all over the places after that. :( Andujar fought really hard, deserved the 2nd completely, and was better than the result suggests in the 3rd :)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Andujar was two points away from losing this match 0-6 4-6 and being bashed here for a beatdown. Good performance from him between middle of 2nd and 3rd set, but D'Joke helped a lot making pathetic mistakes at 5:4 in the 2nd set and in the tie-break.

I wonder why Djokovic in the past had fantastic tie-break record being an inferior player in respect of different things comparing to himself nowadays, currently his TB ratio is average.

I think it's mainly connected to his magnificent physical preparation, he doesn't need to focus extremely in tie-breaks as he is still far away from losing a match, he prefers to keep the highest concentration on the crucial stages of the decidng set.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Great, great fight from Andujar! WHAT a performance, after losing that first set 0-6. After that, nothing to lose, and he surely showed that. Won the 2nd set TB, and unfortunately suffered an immediate break in the 3rd set, but never gave up, in stead, kept on fighting. This guy has COJONES - Fiasco, did you watch your countryman, here? - ;)
=> straight into my siggie. :yeah:

Eventually Djoko's talent and, moreover, experience prevailed. Still, no way near to his unbeatable form of 2011 imho, and to all who claim he'll easily deal defeat #8 to Rafa, should they both reach the final here - do you still feel that sure? :aplot:
Sure as hell I don't, and I'm not minding that at all. :angel:

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Nadal better stock up on some Big Macs before thinking about Djoko.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts