Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could've probably used a less peculiar choice of words, but.. these two dudes were banging. Really took me back to some of the Del Potro vs Cilic ball-bashing affairs of 2009/10, back before Delpo's left wrist started falling apart and he would embrace the BH slice more.

But yeah, kind of a match where change of balls should've been every 3 games rather than 7. Not a whole lot of plan B going on from either side, and such flatout hitting contest generally favors Niko, so the result does make sense. Karen simply doesn't possess enough game variety to get Niko out of the comfort hitting zone. Basilashvili is still quite a bit of a wild card mentally though, which almost showed at the end when he failed to serve it out at 5*-4 in the 2nd, and was also up 6-2 in the tie-break.

·
F***ing have it
17,924 Posts
These two bangin' on and off court ..i'll see it :devilish:

·
Registered
23,738 Posts
Basilbashvili at his peak, maybe could he go one match further to beat arrogant Tsitsipas too? Here's hoping he would give his all in that one.
Basi hitting through Tsitsipas on this court would be glorious. Not mission impossible, Tsitsipas still isn't looking great

·
justice for all
19,575 Posts
I love this outcome. Nothing against Karen but Nikoloz when at his peak bashing level is such a joy to watch.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Another beautiful result, Khachanov is a horrendous player who is just beyond awful to watch
I wouldn't go this far but compared to Basilashvili he is definitely boring to watch.

I feel Basilashvili is kind of maxxed out in this tournament, i will be very surprised if he beats Tsitsipas, still a great tournament for him, this must be his best M1000 result where he has always underperformed.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
What a good season for sexy Nikoloz. I am very happy.

468 Posts
I wouldn't go this far but compared to Basilashvili he is definitely boring to watch.

I feel Basilashvili is kind of maxxed out in this tournament, i will be very surprised if he beats Tsitsipas, still a great tournament for him, this must be his best M1000 result where he has always underperformed.
I feel he can beat Tsetse Fly especially if he can take his time away which may be hard on these courts though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts