Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was able to watch only 2nd set...Monfils was scary good. He was just retrieving almost everything Kohli was throwing at him. Monfils had BP in every single service game of Kohli. It easily could have been a double bagel tbh. Gael in his current form is gonna be extremely tough to beat on these courts for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Gael is playing top 10 level tennis this season. If he carries this form and doesn't get injured, I see him qualifying for the ATP finals.

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
Real challenge will be next round against Thiem for the “psychology”.

Kohlschreiber was mentally and tennistically too easy for Monfils.

Actually now I d like to see him against a Top player to see how he can play with current level of game.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Real challenge will be next round against Thiem for the “psychology”.

Kohlschreiber was mentally and tennistically too easy for Monfils.

Actually now I d like to see him against a Top player to see how he can play with current level of game.
True he should’ve played federer in Dubai but choked vs. Tsitsipas. After today he’s the big favorite to reach the final in the top half

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Monfils has always owned Kohlschreiber, one of those head to heads you wouldn't expect (14-2 now)

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Humiliation. People who're saying it's just Monfils' incredible defense...well, they don't know what they're saying.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Monfils is playing too many matches lately. He's prone to injuries and it can be the last year when he can achieve a big result in Roland Garros.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Depression - is the only way to describe this match. Kohli's fh, that was so sturdy in all previous matches, just melted away. The winner was kinda NID, given their h2h history, but I was hoping slaying the dragon would give him some confidence to at least make it competitive. Not that LaMonf left him many chances... Ah well... One dragon at a time.

Kudos to Monfils. This renaissance of his came absolutely unexpectedly. @bilentsob :yeah:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts