Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather disappointing match.

Feverer stepped it up when he needed to, though.

Roger couldn't return a serve to save his live in the first. Milos won 96% points from his 1st serves.

In the second he started to get a better read on Milos serve, who dropped a level as well: bam, 6-2.

Third set was a bit of a struggle from both. Some great shots from Roger sealed the break and then it was all over.

I'm impressed with Milos composure and calmness. He belongs on the big courts.

I can't see Roger getting past SF here.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Re: IW R3: Federer def Raonic 6-7 6-2 6-4

A good thing. Roger converted his only BP in 3rd set.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

Decent match, lots of nice winners, Milos has nothing to be ashamed of really aside from trusting Mo with those two balls :eek: Would love to see them face off on grass.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts

Raonic served like utter crap in the last 2 sets, could barely make a first serve.

But good learning experience and good that he took a set.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

Too close for comfort for Federer.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

Man did Milos get hosed at 0-15 in that final game, but why he didn't at least challenge that is beyond me.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

Raonic should have challenged twice. Even then he did well and will learn a lot from this match.

·
Registered
874 Posts

What was with the line calling during the last game? I'm genuinely asking, I ran to the bathroom and didn't see it.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
A year ago or so doubt Fed would have won this match after that disgusting first set . Raonic and his trusting to Lahyani :lol:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Good win for Federer. Raonic played great, and his serve was on fire in the first set. But as the match progressed, Federer started to read Raonic's serve better.

I have to note though that there were 2 bad calls in the the third that went against Raonic. He should have challenged, but the umpire gave him bad advice. haha

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Overratedonic

·
Registered
853 Posts
Rather disappointing match.

Feverer stepped it up when he needed to, though.

Roger couldn't return a serve to save his live in the first. Milos won 96% points from his 1st serves.

In the second he started to get a better read on Milos serve, who dropped a level as well: bam, 6-2.

Third set was a bit of a struggle from both. Some great shots from Roger sealed the break and then it was all over.

I'm impressed with Milos composure and calmness. He belongs on the big courts.

I can't see Roger getting past SF here.
Why...are you busy on Saturday? Can't watch the match? ;)

Reactions: Ouragan

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Federer in his element as he allows the miscall to stand. You could tell he felt some guilt on the ensuing point but this Federer will do anything to win so it's no surprise. No matter, he will be nadal's pigeon in a couple of nights.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
As I expected, when Raonic was serving well, he was holding his service games comfortably. In the last two sets his 1st serve percentage dropped to 50% and Federer broke him thrice. But congrats to Raonic for playing good tie-break, especially nice kick-serves at 0:1 and 5:4 in the TB, they helped a lot to hang in there 30 minutes longer :yeah:

·
Registered
853 Posts

Good win for Federer. Raonic played great, and his serve was on fire in the first set. But as the match progressed, Federer started to read Raonic's serve better.

I have to note though that there were 2 bad calls in the the third that went against Raonic. He should have challenged, but the umpire gave him bad advice. haha
Mo is a Fedtard...he told me himself once ;).

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Milos will always be the guy who loses close matches against decent players.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Good stuff from both guys. It's tough when facing a new opponent. Roger had little chance to get any rhythm as the rallies were short, but that was probably for the best as his body might not have held up otherwise if he has a virus.

Milos was good but not solid enough on his serve later on. And I don't know what he's saving those challenges for. can you trade them in for free coffee at the cafeteria? Live and learn, I guess.

Reactions: WF4EVER

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

What was with the line calling during the last game? I'm genuinely asking, I ran to the bathroom and didn't see it.
I think Federer hit a serve at 4-3 that was called in, Raonic should have challenged, but Lahyani told him that it was in.

And in the last game, a Ranoic FH was called out, but it was clearly on the line.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Raonic is pretty lucky he wasn't playing a better returner in the last 2 sets, could have gotten really ugly. But credit to Federer, returned Raonic's serve better than I expected tonight.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts