Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Youzhny went from 1-4 to 6-4 in the second set, I recall he very narrowly beat Simon at Wimbledon last year in five so this must be a tough match-up.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Great job Mikhail. He's got a good chance of doing well here.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Misha, a win for him in IW is huge. I'm not expecting much, yet hoping for the best. :p Points to be won too, and he needs them after his really bad February.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Congrats Misha :)

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Uf Misha that was :scared: A win is win Good luuck in the next round DAVAI!! :rocker2:

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Well done to the Colonel for fighting back in that 2nd set. I saw his 5 set tussle against Simon at Wimbledon last year live, and I wasn't expecting an easy match for him here.
Misha was on a 4 match losing streak at IW before his victory yesterday, and had a 3-5 win-loss record at the event. This is only the 2nd time in 6 visits to the Californian desert that he has been able to win a match his opening match and/or progress to the 3rd round there. Good luck to Misha against Hewitt in R3. It will be very tough and Hewitt looked in good form against Querrey. Both of their previous matches came in 2002 and were on grass, so their head to head is irrelevant here.

·
Registered
677 Posts
He needed that win. I think this is a good quarter to be in and he can beat Hewitt and Kolya.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Decent win for Youzhny if he doesn't like this event.

I don't understand his troubles with Simon, I'd have thought the match up suited him fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts