go for the title :rocker2:

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Giraldo is not a good player, or at least he didn't show anything today, he hit a second serve at 58 mph! :eek:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
This Giraldo wasn't bad.
No, he wasn't bad, he was horrible. He needs to learn how to serve. He had 39 UE. However, it was so bloody windy. Nadal wasn't that great but he won. I'm not impressed with any players today.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well it wasn't impressive, but it didn't need to be. He did what he had to do. Giraldo is a player that goes for broke, which makes it impossible to get into any kind of rhythm. He'll hit that monster forehand out most of the time, but then there are those rare occasions where it's spot on. It will drive you nuts. That second serve was bad, though.

Maybe it's just me, but no one has looked impressive today. I don't know if it's the wind, but all the players look off. The wind definitely plays a part, though. All the players look a bit ticked off to have to deal with it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Watched the whole match.

I just couldn't believe that was "Nadal" out there... Now there are times you can say "he did what he had to do and he won" or "wind was bad, so it's ok". Don't believe that's the case here.. Two dozens of UEs aside, I think his serve is absolutely horrible... An on form offensive player can brush him aside very quickly... Heck, I can't imagine him playing Djokovic...

I think he needs a new coach.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
:worship:

go for the title :rocker2:
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

I thought Rafa could stoop no lower than this.

:sad::sad::sad:

But I can't even call him Rafa Sanchez Vicario.:sad::sad:

Has there EVER been a match where the victor had TWO WINNERS:eek::eek::eek:

This made last year's U.S. Open first round match look like Borg/McEnroe 18-16 tiebreak:mad:

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Re: Nadal def Giraldo 6-3 6-3

Rafa won and that's all that matters, I don't care if he had no winners. The fact he won is good enough for me. Vamos Rafa :bounce: :yippee: :banana: :woohoo:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
No, he wasn't bad, he was horrible. He needs to learn how to serve. He had 39 UE. However, it was so bloody windy. Nadal wasn't that great but he won. I'm not impressed with any players today.
The saying goes, "Any landing you can walk away from is a good one". Umm...not here.

Giraldo is not a good player, or at least he didn't show anything today, he hit a second serve at 58 mph! :eek:
:haha::haha::haha:

Some of his serves made me question is gender.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
I don't know why everybody is going on about the # of winners. It means nothing. He didn't even need to get into second gear today and he won quite comfortably.

Reactions: DhammaTiger
1 - 20 of 55 Posts