Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice win for Kohli but it really should've been in two. Good luck against the Joker.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Re: IW R2: Kohliman def. Xman 6-2, 5-7, 6-4

Whew, tough match.
According to the SB, they saved a lot of BP's, especially Xman.
When I took a look on the SB, Kohli was already serving for the match at 5:4 in the 3rd set. Did he have any SP's in the 2nd set?

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

Kohlschreiber seemed to be in trouble after missing chances in the second set, but he pulled through. Djokovic will be tough to beat.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Whew, tough match.
According to the SB, they saved a lot of BP's, especially Xman.
When I took a look on the SB, Kohli was already serving for the match at 5:4 in the 3rd set. Did he have any SP's in the 2nd set?
Nope. Xman served first in the second and was never broken in it. Kohli did have a couple break points early on but couldn't convert.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Too bad Malisse can't play all his matches at Delray Beach.
He can pay me to watch all his matches :p

He was down 6-7 1-2 in his 1st round match vs Serra when I finally went inside court 6 and he won the next 11 games, winning 6-7 6-2-0.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
He can pay me to watch all his matches :p

He was down 6-7 1-2 in his 1st round match vs Serra when I finally went inside court 6 and he won the next 11 games, winning 6-7 6-2-0.
Ok, we can make a deal about that then. Next thing you'll be a Xavi fangirl... :banana:

X-Man :sad:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Kohlschreiber's good season continues, pity he's drawn Nadal in Dubai

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I primarily went to see Kohli play. But I couldn't help but be impress with Malisse's talent. He has the serve, the speed and the groundstrokes. When he was getting his first serves in, like in the second set, he was giving Kohli all kinds of trouble. But he just need to watch those stupid mistakes. 4 foot faults in one game make you look amateurish. His speed and groundstrokes were very effective against Philipp's game. Philipp kept hitting those crazy angled shots out wide but Malisse would always get back into position. Then philipp tried a few times coming into net because he was getting overpower at the baseline. Malisse would make philipp look like what he did to Roddick in the AO, hitting passing shots one after the other.

This was a very even match up. At the end, Philipp's court craft was better and Malisse's on court idiosyncratic temper tantrum was starting to be the highlight of the match rather than his play.

Philipp sounded ill on court...sneezing, coughing, hacking up stuff though out the game. Sick or not, he probably won't have a chance against Djokovic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts