Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy is Khachanov bad this year. Lopez choked incredibly hard from *4-3, mix of double faults and horrible decision making off nothing balls. Khachanov was never anything but awful.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I think the last few games were a good example of the more mentally strong player or player with more self belief coming through as Khachanov turned that last set around. Lopez started to crumble and Khachanov just took the gifts and won enough points to push through.

I'm an optimist, so I'll say this could be a much needed victory - however he got it - that might just start Khachanovs season off for real.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I think the last few games were a good example of the more mentally strong player or player with more self belief coming through as Khachanov turned that last set around. Lopez started to crumble and Khachanov just took the gifts and won enough points to push through.

I'm an optimist, so I'll say this could be a much needed victory - however he got it - that might just start Khachanovs season off for real.
Eh, it didn't happen with Dimitrov, so it probably won't happen with Khachanov very soon, either.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts

Season is arriving right now on slower surfaces (if Miami new Venue kept the same as Key Biscaine) so it should be easier for Karen.

Same like Marat, I think he is not fit for fast low bounce surfaces (not enough movement, not enough knee bending and long shot preparation).

And not ready in Australia.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Good that Karen finally won. His recent streak was terrible. So he was bad again? What's going on with the guy?

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Eh, it didn't happen with Dimitrov, so it probably won't happen with Khachanov very soon, either.
Are you being sarcastic?

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
The same as with almost everyone who won something big. They rode high, came down and found it difficult to climb back up to the same height.
I miss your Captain Obvious posts, cause this isn't doing it tbh :nerd:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Really needed this win, next is Rublev which will be an interesting match

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Saw Karen comfortably serve out the first set and then called it a night, bit shocked to see he got broken numerous times in the second given Lopez isn't known as a great returner.

Work to do if he's to go deep in this tournament.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I was practically asleep by the time this ended and, frankly, can't explain how Khachanov won because he was dire after the first set :tape:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts