Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cilic def Nishikori 6-2 6-4

Comfortable for Cilic who was only troubled in two of his nine service games, and broken just the once.

Kei led 4-2 in the 2nd and then totally fell apart. Didn't even have any game points in the last four games. He also led 30-0 serving to stay in the match but then conceded the next four points.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I left after the first set. It was so freaking cold, and also I didn't have my gate key with me and they lock the bloody thing at 11. :( But still I would have left.

What I saw was the Kei was hitting in the net a lot more than usual. Very hard conditions. Gusty wind and cold. Clicic kept him waiting on the court for a good 10 minutes before he showed and the warm up began. Kei was covered in towels to keep warm.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I left after the first set. It was so freaking cold, and also I didn't have my gate key with me and they lock the bloody thing at 11. :( But still I would have left.

What I saw was the Kei was hitting in the net a lot more than usual. Very hard conditions. Gusty wind and cold. Clicic kept him waiting on the court for a good 10 minutes before he showed and the warm up began. Kei was covered in towels to keep warm.
Star, I can't believe you didn't bring an extra jacket or something. Too bad you had to leave. What's the next match you are going to see? Thanks for your updates :).

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Thanx for the report, Star, shame you had to leave.
I thought it was going to be a tough match, especially in windy conditions.
Better luck in Miami, Kei...!

·
Banned
70,903 Posts

thanks for the report Star. looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

i guess the weather turned for the worse.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nishikori was tired as hell after the qualifiers so was difficult to beat the giant overrated freak.
He did have a day off and he was playing for the main draw which must have been a motivation. I'm a big fun but he does need to improve. Maybe he needs another six months or so

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
expected one after i saw bad gambler's prediciton
u need BGs prediction to think this was expected ?

Kei is a fighter i ll give him that, but Marin is on another level skill wise

this was never in doubt, u having trouble holding serve against Bogdanovic and Niemeyer, u have no chance against Marin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts