Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite sure of the tiebreak score, i looked away when thomaz was up 6-4 and serving

Rosol may be the absolutley most useless player in the top 100 and the sooner he falls out of the top 100 the better.

that being said a straight set win for thomaz at this point is a good thing..no matter who he's up against

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Indian Wells R1: Bellucci def. Rosol 6-2 7-6(4)

Battle of two weak hardcourt players, a must-win match for Bellucci and he got the job done. Bellucci was cruising on serve and in the match until the middle of the second set, ahead a set and break, barely losing service points, until his first serve percentage dropped into the 30s and he got broken at *4-3. Second set was more competitive from that point forward, Thomaz got an early mini-break in the tiebreak, lost it, but then won both of Rosol's service points to go from 4-*3 to *6-3 and won the match from there.

Any win is a good one for Thomaz given how this season has played out for him. Given the opponent you can't take much from this result, but a comfortable win is a comfortable win, even with the predictable lapse in the middle of the second set.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: Indian Wells R1: Bellucci def. Rosol 6-2 7-6(4)

At least this one
But we can't expect much of him anymore, specially on hardcourts

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I saw Rosol live in Auckland I was impressed with his groundies. Gave Ferrer a decent enough match...then got double bagelled at AO :eek:. Clearly he's not playing as he could be.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Rosol is a ballbasher and a clay courter who doesn't have the footwork nor confidence to play on hardcourt. His shotmaking seems impressive, but when you notice half of those shots are out, you realize his groundies aren't as good as they may appear.

French Open is 2.5 months away. Now or never time coming up for Rosol.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Bellucci had 4-3 and service in the second set, but he lost the serve with a double fault in Break Point.

At least he won the match.

Now against Melzer will be very hard but i think that Bellucci will play at least one decent set against Melzer or maybe win a set why not? :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts