Mens Tennis Forums banner

IW QF: Will Nalbandian catch the Fish?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope Nalbandian shows the good form like he did against Ferrero and he reels in the Fish.

Fish leads 1-0 and they played in Cincy 03.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Re: QF: Will Nalbandian catch the Fish?

once Nalbandian finds his game in a tourney only a top ten has chances to stop him

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I hope Nalbandian shows the good form like he did against Ferrero and he reels in the Fish.

Fish leads 1-0 and they played in Cincy 03.
Interestingly enough, that was right in the middle of Fish's 92-game holding streak that lasted from the second set against Philippoussis in the first round of Cincy through to the second round of the US Open where he lost to Kucera.

Reactions: Horatio Caine

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish was on fire that week, but these courts are slower in Indian Wells than in Cincy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Nalbandian lost this match, but as long as he returns well, then he should be able to move the big guy around and not fall to that sexy Fish forehand.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
To answer the guestion at stake:
I'll be laughing my ass off if he doesn't. :angel:

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
you never know with Nalbi

sometimes he plays out of this world tennis and sometimes he doesnt care about it... all depends of him

i think he will win in 2 close sets

·
Registered
87 Posts
Considering once Nalbandian snags two wins during a Masters tournament, he usually goes the distance beating the likes of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, I'd lean for him in this one. Expect Mardy to come out swinging to take the first at the least.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Fat Dave will become enraged that no chips were included with the Fish...and will proceed to devour Mardy in fit of famished rage.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fat this fat that* i cant understand ppl hating David .
He is a fantastic tennis player and a FIT warrior of the game.

David in 2 sets !

·
Registered
395 Posts
I guess David will win in two tough sets...

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Fat this fat that* i cant understand ppl hating David .
He is a fantastic tennis player and a FIT warrior of the game.

David in 2 sets !

nalby should be able to do what Hewitt was not able to do today:

1. he has a better return game as he can step closer to the baseline and cut off Fish`s angles.

2. he will also not give up any ground like Hewitt did today. he can take it early off both wings and should be able to take time away for the American.

3. finally, he can take care of his serve. Nalby is also confident and competent at the net so he will look to move in when the opportunities present themselves and end the points that are begging to be ended.

it may take 3 sets to accomplish this. he may have to break Fish`s spirit first before he can floor him.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Interestingly enough, that was right in the middle of Fish's 92-game holding streak that lasted from the second set against Philippoussis in the first round of Cincy through to the second round of the US Open where he lost to Kucera.
That's interesting mate...who'd have thought? :eek:

Thanks for sharing. :yeah:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Another problem with Dave is that the more stronger the opposition is more serious he plays and produces more beautiful tennis. The weaker the opponent is he is underestimating him and jerks around. My point is: He plays his best with the best and his worst with the mugs. So I expect this one awful to watch, with Dave trying to shorten the points and making loads of UE's, although I hope he will win.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts