·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Poor John :hug:

Good match though :D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Well played the whole tournament by these two. After the debacle of what is going on in the singles right now, atleast something decent is happening in mens tennis.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Couldn't find a stream for this one, but glad for the win!

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
Nole lost and Rafa won doubles, a great tournement this IW was :bounce:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
They beat the defending champions; 2 teams that made the WTF last year; the reigning Aussie Open champions and Quisner and did it all without dropping a set - :worship::worship:

Great fortnight for them. Such a shame they can't play at the Olympics and Nadal will need to team up with Granollers. You can tell that the close friendship Rafa has with Marc and the fact they train together all the time really pays off on court. Nice boost for Rafa before heading to Miami.

Sorry for John but he can't be too unhappy with his week - $500k+ richer, beat the world no.1, made singles and doubles final at a Masters Series and got to the top 10 for the first time in his life. Congrats to John too! And nice to see Querrey finding his way back slowly - looked happy out there.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Great fortnight for them. Such a shame they can't play at the Olympics and Nadal will need to team up with Granollers.
How come? As it stands, the four Spanish singles players will be Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro and Feliciano. Both Marc and Marcel are ranked right after each other in doubles (Marc is 23, Marcel 24) so why wouldn't Marc be chosen to play with Rafa over Marcel?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
How come? As it stands, the four Spanish singles players will be Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro and Feliciano. Both Marc and Marcel are ranked right after each other in doubles (Marc is 23, Marcel 24) so why wouldn't Marc be chosen to play with Rafa over Marcel?
I don't know why but apparently Spanish commentators have said that Nadal/Granollers will be the Spanish pairing and that Rafa requested Granollers. He wouldn't do that if Lopez was going. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spanish federation wants its 6 to be: Nadal; Ferrer; Almagro; F. Lopez; Granollers and Verdasco - Verdasco has been playing a lot of doubles lately possibly in the hope he'll be chosen for that if he fails to make the singles cut. I'd love M. Lopez to go but he's not high up the pecking order... Granollers/Nadal are playing Miami next week (while Marc plays with Feli)

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
John :hug:
Must be gutted losing two finals on the same day
but Nadal-Lopez are a fantastic doubles team. If Lopez can qualify for the Olympics, I dont see why Rafa wil pair with Granollers...

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Luck finally ran out for the big man. After winning all those TBs he loses two in the finals. Still a great 10 days. :worship:

Congrats to Rafa and Marc. Glad it was the other Lopez.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nole lost and Rafa won doubles, a great tournement this IW was :bounce:
agreed :p

from today's victory

am i mistaken or is it just Rafa (or in this pic apparently Marc as well) who bite their trophy? Happy for these loveable guys nonetheless.
lovely boys! :hearts::hearts:

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
I don't know why but apparently Spanish commentators have said that Nadal/Granollers will be the Spanish pairing and that Rafa requested Granollers. He wouldn't do that if Lopez was going. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spanish federation wants its 6 to be: Nadal; Ferrer; Almagro; F. Lopez; Granollers and Verdasco - Verdasco has been playing a lot of doubles lately possibly in the hope he'll be chosen for that if he fails to make the singles cut. I'd love M. Lopez to go but he's not high up the pecking order... Granollers/Nadal are playing Miami next week (while Marc plays with Feli)

I dont get that. If marc lopez could have played the olympics i think nadal and lopez are who they should have gone with.

Yes marcel is a very good boules player but obviously nadal/lopez is a very strong pairing, one that could efinately challenge for a medal.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I dont get that. If marc lopez could have played the olympics i think nadal and lopez are who they should have gone with.

Yes marcel is a very good boules player but obviously nadal/lopez is a very strong pairing, one that could efinately challenge for a medal.
I'd like it to be Lopez with Nadal in Olympics, but whomever Nadal plays with I'd say his team is strong favorite to win the doubles, he's really that good at doubles as he's shown on those rare occasions when he steps out on tour. Being that he already has an olympics singles, and that odds don't look that strong for him again in singles, I imagine he will take doubles extremely seriously in this Olympics. If he wins that then the only trophies missing from his case will by grand slam mixed doubles :)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts