Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shuettler's choke jobs are well know butn Giraldo had an epic one against Uruguay this year in DC.

Today, He served for the match at 5-4, had mp, got broken, then Shuettler gets broken back. Then Shuettler sees 3 more Bp's before Giraldo won it.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Re: IW Battle of Chokers: Giraldo def Shuettler 7-5 7-5

Two Colombians in the main draw of a TMS. If this keeps up, Bogota might be promoted to the "250 Series" next year.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

Schuettler should not cheering for Haase. If Haase will win against Anderson, Schuettler is first to be a lucky loser.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

Fognini is LL #1
Right! I thought he had won today.
So, Rainer :wavey: We'll see in Miami's qualifying.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

I am curious to read a match report for this match, Giraldo missed about 8 matchpoints and Schuettler about 8 bps in the final games of the match, then with bp to Schuettler and looking to break there was a long delay (injury treatment?) before Giraldo served out the match in three points. I shouldn't jump to conclusions but I hope Giraldo played fair in that last game.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

I am curious to read a match report for this match, Giraldo missed about 8 matchpoints and Schuettler about 8 bps in the final games of the match, then with bp to Schuettler and looking to break there was a long delay (injury treatment?) before Giraldo served out the match in three points. I shouldn't jump to conclusions but I hope Giraldo played fair in that last game.
I think he missed 4 MP's but didn't follow the scoreboard carefully. The last game of this match lasted about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

I think he missed 4 MP's but didn't follow the scoreboard carefully. The last game of this match lasted about 20 minutes.
I don't know the exact number but I think more than 4, several at *5-4 and several more at *6-5.

·
F***ing have it
17,584 Posts

Santi :retard: :D
Rainer :wavey: ... Thanks for 2003 :sad: and the continous sexual arousal :drool:

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Santi certainly made life difficult for himself, but I pleased to see him reaching the maindraw of a TMS event for the first time in his career. Good luck to him agains Eschauer in the main draw.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Be careful before calling Giraldo a choker. As for DC, he was coming back after a surgery and hasn't played since November I think.

In the match against Schuettler he wasn't a favourite (odds: 2.58) so it's well done of him he won anyway and will debut on this stage. There were several breakpoints against him, icl. 0-40 and he defended all that. MTF's beloved baby Nishikori even choked more yesterday than Giraldo in this match. But when I say Nishikori chokes, then people argue saying he's a fighter. I guess Giraldo was a hell of a fighter here, too.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

You were cheering for TB, didn't you? ;)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

You were cheering for TB, didn't you? ;)
:lol:

I see everyone around thinks that I'm TB-psychco ;) Just a little bit :devil:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
I know you are a psycho :p.

Anyway you may like Santiago more now as he won in a TB against Eschauer. Before this "choker" saved 2 bps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts