Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"I have only THREE words for him...

He. Is. BAAAAACCCKKK!!!!" :lol: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Well, some kind of a Mirka Dreamland-hickups during that second set... some silly challenges, trademark Roger Federer :lol:, some not-so-silly ones as well (Rogi - please, please PLEASE get some new contact lenses, eh, or SHUT UP!!! :p), some sloppy UEs, some bit of grumbling left-right-&-center, and the like. :p

Whatever. Not-so-great performance from Rogi, but well done nevertheless. :D. Job-Is-Done in two straight (and quick!) sets, and that's the only thing that matters eventually. :D

Not bad from Lubicic either I might as well add - some great serves all around. :yeah:

VAMOS, Rogelio!!! :rocker2:

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Federer beats Ljubicic 6-3 6-4

Solid performance by Fed. It could have been easier if he didn't go into sleep mode in the middle of the 2nd set. Only negative thing is his BP conversion was as shit as ususal.

Ljubo made too many UEs, but still won some of the rallies.

Stats:
1st serve %: 75%
Aces: 6
Winners: 27
UEs: 19
BP conversion: 3/11 :eek:

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Re: IW 4R: Rogi Federer df. Ivan Lubicic 6-3, 6-4

Vintage Fed.

:worship::worship::worship:

Nice to see him back on a roll. :D

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

Nice and routine :)

now, the tough stuff should begin

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

the umpire i thought was quite stupid. :lol:

·
Registered
10,856 Posts

Next up Haas. :D

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Federer beats Ljubicic 6-3 6-4

Solid performance by Fed. It could have been easier if he didn't go into sleep mode in the middle of the 2nd set. Only negative thing is his BP conversion was as shit as ususal.

Ljubo made too many UEs, but still won some of the rallies.
You know something would be badly wrong with him if he didn't have terrible break point conversion, it's one of his less discussed hallmarks. But against the Ljubicic serve that's not so surprising, I just wish he didn't put on these clinics in how to blow leads behind his own serve.

·
Registered
644 Posts

Flawless play in the 1st set. In the second set, lost concentration, due to some poor calls from the linesman and the umpire. Anyway great win.:worship::worship:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry about that, mate. If I only knew how to correct that, I'd surely have done that by now.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Congrats to Fed and his fans. Ljubicic had nothing to trouble Roger.

·
Registered
446 Posts

Roger was fooling around in tht second set.......should have won 6-0 in 2nd....now Haas.....and roger better not fool around in tht match...

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Please any a mod, correct my typo in the title, as I can's seem to get it done right now? :awww:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

Flawless play in the 1st set. In the second set, lost concentration, due to some poor calls from the linesman and the umpire. Anyway great win.:worship::worship:
Um, was it really the umpire's fault? Fed just screwed up there. Anyway, a win is a win and there were a few touches of brilliance. Not too shabby!

·
Banned
74 Posts

Please any a mod, correct my typo in the title, as I can's seem to get it done right now? :awww:
edit post, in the bottom right corner

Ljubicic didnt play that bad, he didnt serve that good but he had some nice winners of the backhand side. he still has some game.

·
Registered
32,170 Posts

@Muzza=FedKilla

Go to GM,and click a cm below your thread.A field will open and you can change the title ;)

But Im surprised you actually didnt notice that he was Ljubicic by now :shrug:

·
Registered
644 Posts

Um, was it really the umpire's fault? Fed just screwed up there. Anyway, a win is a win and there were a few touches of brilliance. Not too shabby!
There was a few wrong calls initially which fed successfully challenged. He was pissed that the umpire din't overrule them and he had to use his challenges to get the right decision.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

"I have only THREE words for him...

He. Is. BAAAAACCCKKK!!!!" :lol: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I will remember this post. If Federer loses in IW...

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Ljubicic didnt play that bad, he didnt serve that good but he had some nice winners of the backhand side. he still has some game.

@Muzza=FedKilla

Go to GM,and click a cm below your thread.A field will open and you can change the title ;)

But Im surprised you actually didnt notice that he was Ljubicic by now :shrug:
Thanks people. Haven't found out yet as I rarely start new threads... always too late due to my crappy internet connection. :cool:

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Federer always has a tough time with Haas. Remember that 5-setter at 2006 AO.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts