Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peak Clowndev once again. A match of two parts, the first when Medvedev cruised up to 6-4 *4-1, and the second when he forgot how to play altogether, notwithstanding a mini-comeback at the end which at least made the scoreline look decent if you don't know what happened. Medvedev's inability to generate power and difficulty dealing with the slice exposed big time on the slow, bouncy IW surface. Can he ever get the hang of this surface? The world wonders. Actually scrap this, nobody cares about this bunch of deplorable mugs.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Embarrassing stuff, honestly it's better he isn't No.1 chokes like Nadal at WTF and here shouldn't be allowed at this level.

Reactions: david_prentice

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
ask for the choke, and ye shall receive... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Up until a set and 4-1 Medvedev was solid as a rock, hardly making any errors and winning all the long rallies. Taking nothing away from Dimitrov, who definitely raised his level and was hitting some brilliant shots but Medvedev completely imploded. He lost his head and just got more and more agitated. Bad choke from Daniil that might set him back a bit on his quest for No.1

It'll never happen but I actually wouldn't be mad if Dimitrov won IW.

·
Registered
62,765 Posts
Absolutely absurd choke, really have to doubt he ever gets to #1 given the way he's fallen apart every time he's been close (though honestly, there's really no doubt Djokovic is 2021's best player either way).

·
Your visions will happen
54,035 Posts
Thanks for saving tennis, Dimitrov. Djokovic is the real #1 and it will remain that way. :cool:
Yes, I will have to do the new calculations now. Med will probably play Moscow 250 but he is too far away. He would have to vulture crazy to get #1

As for the match, Med had 6-4 4-1 with 2 breaks, I thought it was over, Dimitrov played him tough, mixed it up with the slice to test Medvedev's technique and he made a lot of errors from the forehand off the slice.

Med lost 10 of 11 games from 6-4 4-1 to 6-4 4-6 1-5, then made it tough at the end but Dimitrov served it out well. When I squint my eye and look hard enough I do see some Federer in Dimitrov's game, but far too much slice in my opinion, should really come over the backhand more but excellent win

·
Premium Member
29,795 Posts
Difference in 2nd and 3rd set: both players went up a double break, but Dimitrov lost only 1 break and was able to serve it out.
This was just remotely resembling of the reigning USO champion.

We have already known that Medvedev doesn't like the slice, but it was confirmed to the max. in this match.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Up until a set and 4-1 Medvedev was solid as a rock, hardly making any errors and winning all the long rallies. Taking nothing away from Dimitrov, who definitely raised his level and was hitting some brilliant shots but Medvedev completely imploded. He lost his head and just got more and more agitated. Bad choke from Daniil that might set him back a bit on his quest for No.1

It'll never happen but I actually wouldn't be mad if Dimitrov won IW.
Agreed, one of the few players left I'd happily pay to watch

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Absolutely absurd choke, really have to doubt he ever gets to #1 given the way he's fallen apart every time he's been close (though honestly, there's really no doubt Djokovic is 2021's best player either way).
He will get it at some point to consistent but matches like this show exactly why he doesn't deserve it.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Crazy match, but why was Dimi so tired at the end? Match wasn't that long and yes, there were some long rallies but come on... 2 hours 20 min he shouldn't look the way he did.

Also Hurkacz next round will be just as hard.

·
Your visions will happen
54,035 Posts
Now Medvedev must also keep an eye behind him because if Tsitsipas wins IW then they are tied in the race

1 - 20 of 117 Posts