Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whatever dudes... if i'm right, then you can just bugger off :p

there are worse threads than this one and i've really got this gut feel your boytoy nadal will lose in the semis!

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
So you're suggesting that two hard-court loving, currently on form players could challenge/beat Nadal, who has always looked little other than suspect at hard-court slams, at the Australian Open [a hard-court slam]?

Get out of here you prankster..

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Youzhny - maybe.
Tsonga - a set at best.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Misha will show him the Symphony of destruction.

·
Registered
30,480 Posts

there are worse threads than this one and i've really got this gut feel your boytoy nadal will lose in the semis!
Are you sure it's not the stomach flu? There's a lot of that going around lately...

:p

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

There was another thread like this about Tsonga beating Murray and he did it. No reason why urs shouldn't work either. It's probably a good luck charm for the guys in question. I am disappointed that you gut feel was not for Niemenen beating Nadal. That would have been more in sync with what I am feeling.:)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think you're right. Both have a good chance of taking out Nadal. Youzhny did last week, although of course Nadal was not in peak form, and so far Youzhny has looked awesome. Tsonga is a very agressive player, and that's exactly what it takes to take out Nadal. Nadal has looked very strong so far, so it should be a really good match.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Youznhy is from the elite "Nadal-roasting" squad, sure he can beat him what's more he is the more likely winner

Tsonga - I don't think he can do it, we saw it on US Open

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
if they were to meet Nadal earlier, then yes, they have a good chance of causing an upset. But in a semi-final, on such a big stage, a few nerves may decide the outcome and Nadal isn't going to come out the wrong end on these points.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
for the posers who are downplaying tsonga, the reason i'm just predicting that is tsonga if he's on, has the game to beat nadal. especially on hard courts. provided tsonga and youzhny don't have a 5-hour marathon vs each other, both stand a good chance.

"rust" in peace! :p

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts