Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
i'm glad to see him on the team, though to be fair he should have had to play the playoff match. oh well :shrug:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Experimentee said:
To be fair, they should play off. A retired player cant just come in and take someones spot without having to prove that he is still useful :(
I would agree with this statement but I would love to see Goran playing for his country, this might bring out some of his great tennis especially in a Davis Cup final.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ANOTHER thread about this? *sighs* Although it's the unpopular opinion, I still have to say that I don't see any problem with Goran being on the team. It's a sentimental choice, not a practical one, but that's up to Pilic to deal with. The chances that he'll actually play a live match are slim to none, and it's not as though Tuksar would have gotten to, either. Regardless of who is officially on the team, I'm sure they'll both be there to cheer on their countrymen.

Finally, I will say the same thing that I say when I hear people whistling about a call they didn't like. It's not up to you, so get over it.

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Eclectic Goddess said:
ANOTHER thread about this? *sighs* Although it's the unpopular opinion, I still have to say that I don't see any problem with Goran being on the team. It's a sentimental choice, not a practical one, but that's up to Pilic to deal with. The chances that he'll actually play a live match are slim to none, and it's not as though Tuksar would have gotten to, either. Regardless of who is officially on the team, I'm sure they'll both be there to cheer on their countrymen.

Finally, I will say the same thing that I say when I hear people whistling about a call they didn't like. It's not up to you, so get over it.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I don't think that "get over it" is called for here.

Tuksar may not get to play, but he has earned his place on the team. Goran may be Croatian tennis' star, but he didn't earn this spot. It's not fair to Tuksar to just be booted off for the finals.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Margy said:
:lol: s.m. bad repped me for this comment. did somebody forget to take their medicine today? :lol:
mdhubert said:
:haha: Don't joke with national stuff with Croats, they lose their humor...

it was in the heat off the moment :p

but when we are a little relaxed, here is a story about tuksar ( and his good friend karanusic )
they both played couple weeks ago in kiev, challanger
day before they played, word spread around split that tuksar and karanusic are trowing their matchas and that they will lose to players that are 10 classes above them
and by ranking also
then it snowballed across croatia, and people massivly playced bets against those two clowns
result?
together they won 8 games
4 sets, 2 players, 8 games
labadze is little baby for those two

:devil:

·
Registered
743 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I don't think that "get over it" is called for here.

Tuksar may not get to play, but he has earned his place on the team. Goran may be Croatian tennis' star, but he didn't earn this spot. It's not fair to Tuksar to just be booted off for the finals.
You're right, and I withdraw my "get over it". Although everyone has the right to their own feelings and opinions, I just don't understand why people take things like this so personally and can't just let it go.

I'm really not trying to start an arguement, I'm just trying to grasp your position, but how is it that Tuksar earned his spot? By showing up to the last two ties? Tuksar didn't play a match, not even a dead rubber, and Goran was there as well, as an "assistant coach".

·
Registered
505 Posts
Eclectic Goddess said:
Regardless of who is officially on the team, I'm sure they'll both be there to cheer on their countrymen.

At the risk of getting another bad rep from s.m. :angel:

While they both may be there to cheer on the team, the only ones in the official team photos and holding the cup at the presentation will be the 4 official team members and the captain. So if Goran really wants to be a part of this, then he should fight it out on court for the spot or just take a role as an assistant coach (didn't Spain have 3 captains last year?) so he can be there as a non-playing member. He has already had his years in the spotlight. Let the ones who have brought the team this far have their opportunity to shine to take it all the way.

And I know the decision isn't up to me. I really don't have any vested interest in this since neither of the final teams are ones I follow much. Saying that, I think it allows me to look at the situation pretty objectively. And from any perspective of fairness, this decision is wrong. I'm sure that Tuksar is being gracious about losing his spot but how could he be otherwise. We can point out the unfairness here; but if he complains, it's like attacking the national hero. I just feel really bad for him. :hug:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
RDucky said:
Goran just wants to glory, time for him to move on get over it, its Ivan and Mario's time.
you are defending honors of ančić and ljubičić :confused:
ljubičić that carried goran´s picture with wimbledon trophy in his wallet, and who said after win against russia that goran saved him in that tie, because he didn´t feel well on first trainings
but then goran came and gave him advices, in pair with loosening the tight atmosfere
i think ljubičić himself would tell you that you are talkin bullshit
i see that some are in funny spirit with this subject, but some are talking rubbish and provoking

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Margy said:
i wanted to give you good, but it says i must spread reputation around before giving it to you again :p

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Eclectic Goddess said:
You're right, and I withdraw my "get over it". Although everyone has the right to their own feelings and opinions, I just don't understand why people take things like this so personally and can't just let it go.

I'm really not trying to start an arguement, I'm just trying to grasp your position, but how is it that Tuksar earned his spot? By showing up to the last two ties? Tuksar didn't play a match, not even a dead rubber, and Goran was there as well, as an "assistant coach".
Yes, partly by showing up. Ivanisevic wasn't a part of it until the finals... so it kind of shows where his feelings are about the team. If he really believed in them, shouldn't he have been there from the beginning?

Despite the fact that Tuksar hasn't played, he was willing to. He was there to support them and to play if called on. That's the most important thing, isn't it? To be willing?

And his ranking has also earned him this spot.

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
s.m. said:
you are defending honors of ančić and ljubičić :confused:
ljubičić that carried goran´s picture with wimbledon trophy in his wallet, and who said after win against russia that goran saved him in that tie, because he didn´t feel well on first trainings
RDucky is a Ljubicic fanatic. He would be unhappy with anyone but Ivan getting any glory or press.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Margy said:

While they both may be there to cheer on the team, the only ones in the official team photos and holding the cup at the presentation will be the 4 official team members and the captain. So if Goran really wants to be a part of this, then he should fight it out on court for the spot or just take a role as an assistant coach (didn't Spain have 3 captains last year?) so he can be there as a non-playing member. He has already had his years in the spotlight. Let the ones who have brought the team this far have their opportunity to shine to take it all the way.

And I know the decision isn't up to me. I really don't have any vested interest in this since neither of the final teams are ones I follow much. Saying that, I think it allows me to look at the situation pretty objectively. And from any perspective of fairness, this decision is wrong. I'm sure that Tuksar is being gracious about losing his spot but how could he be otherwise. We can point out the unfairness here; but if he complains, it's like attacking the national hero. I just feel really bad for him. :hug:
so should karanusic be pissed off that sasa is on the team? roko played a match for the team (dead rubber) this year. tuksar hasn't

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
RDucky is a Ljubicic fanatic. He would be unhappy with anyone but Ivan getting any glory or press.
hey jackass, why dont you find out what going on before you speak on the subject.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
Yes, partly by showing up. Ivanisevic wasn't a part of it until the finals... so it kind of shows where his feelings are about the team. If he really believed in them, shouldn't he have been there from the beginning?

Despite the fact that Tuksar hasn't played, he was willing to. He was there to support them and to play if called on. That's the most important thing, isn't it? To be willing?

And his ranking has also earned him this spot.
goran was at the last two ties as well

·
Registered
505 Posts
s.m. said:
i wanted to give you good, but it says i must spread reputation around before giving it to you again :p
Thanks anyway. :)

And I do understand that Goran is a legend and people would like to see him there. If one of the team members got hurt and they picked him over the next best active player, that would be a great spirit move. But I just really sympathize with Tuskar or, for that matter, any player who gets jerked around for political reasons. I felt the same way last year when Spadea wasn't given a shot at the USA team when he was higher ranked than the players that were being considered. He took it to the media to resolve. But then he wasn't fighting a legend. :D

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
There was nothing mean or malicious about my post.

And if you are trying to deny it, both you and I and everyone else know that you would be lying.
right.....im still saying, dont talked about something you dont know.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts