Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 24, 2003
ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) -- Goran Ivanisevic is doubtful for next month's Davis Cup tie against the United States because of a chronic shoulder injury, a sports daily reported Friday.

Ivanisevic withdrew from a second-round match at a Challenger event in Heilbronn, Germany, on Thursday, his first tournament after undergoing shoulder surgery 10 months ago.

``Davis Cup? At this moment, I don't think about anything but the pain (in the arm), let alone Davis Cup,'' Croatian sports daily Sportske Novosti quoted Ivanisevic as saying. ``I have no idea if I'm able to play.''

Ivanisevic had been tentatively scheduled to play the doubles in Croatia's Feb. 7-9 tie against the United States.

In Heilbronn, Ivanisevic won his first-round match against Russian Andrei Stoliarov in what Croatian media celebrated as a ``glorious comeback.''

But he retired because of pain after 20 minutes of the second-round match against Raemon Sluiter of the Netherlands.

``I couldn't do anything, my arm hurt terribly,'' Ivanisevic was quoted as saying. ``I suffered for 10 months, underwent an operation to feel better and now this. ... I've never felt so miserable.''

Ivanisevic said he would seek help from a physician in Munich.

``I'll let him give me 30 injections if that'd help. I'm in such a state that I'd go to Tibet on foot if I knew that would help,'' he said. ``I'm totally lost.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------
:(
Poor Goran
10 months off and now he has problems again

1 - 1 of 1 Posts