Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ljubo defeats Gabashvili 62 67 63

Never in doubt. Should of been over in 2 but at 5-5 Ivan had bp but got screwed on 2 back to back terrible calls. Finished the match with with 4 straight serve winners of 135,135,142,138 MPH. Ivan also said he wanted Ancic to beat Haase so a Croat is guaranteed in the final

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Re: Ljubo defeats Gabashvili 62 67 63

Two legends of the game, spartans, great men of sport going at it for 3 great sets of tennis, in my mind they were both winners.

Now take the title Ljuba Truba :rocker2:

·
Registered
97,309 Posts

Good fight Gaba :awww:. Next week will be better.

Ljuba Truba, be a real deal and bring title home :p It's your personal Slam.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts

Harder than expected. I thought Ljubo would taken the ball basher in 2.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts

Never in doubt. Should of been over in 2 but at 5-5 Ivan had bp but got screwed on 2 back to back terrible calls. Finished the match with with 4 straight serve winners of 135,135,142,138 MPH
Gaba had 2:2 in the third set and 2BP .
It wasn't that easy as you say.

Gaba is becoming serious contender on ATP circuit.

Ljubo is regrouping himself after early loss last week at ABN AMRO, and it would be nice if he gets the trophy here.

I would like to see Ancic through aganst Haase, so it would be quite a match up Ljubo-Mario.

·
Registered
26,146 Posts

It was in doubt at 2-2 15-40 in the third.

Vamos Ljouba Trouba.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

Ljubo vs. Haase/Ancic winner in final will be good

thank goodness that joke Gaba was disposed of - he has no business being in quarterfinals of ATP events. Especially not 2 straight.

·
Banned
20 Posts

Harder than expected. I thought Ljubo would taken the ball basher in 2.
I watched the match via stream on William Hill and Ljubicic seemed to let his guard down after puting on a clinic in the first set, he had chances to break late in the 2nd.

·
Banned
20 Posts

Ljubo vs. Haase/Ancic winner in final will be good

thank goodness that joke Gaba was disposed of - he has no business being in quarterfinals of ATP events. Especially not 2 straight.
that will be the SF, but the winner of that will take the title, because the bottom half is a joke.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

that will be the SF, but the winner of that will take the title, because the bottom half is a joke.
yes you are right. I must be in denial over just how disgusting the bottom half is.:eek:

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

Can you read a draw sheet? :haha:

At least he won...but it probably should have been easier.
obviously not. If I could I probably would have said semis and not final.:wavey:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts

I watched the match via stream on William Hill and Ljubicic seemed to let his guard down after puting on a clinic in the first set, he had chances to break late in the 2nd.
He had chances to break at start of second and late of second set. Bu those were the chances Gaba gave to him with UE's. Once Gaba stopped smacking the ball he regained control of rallies. Thats how he won the TB. Unfortunately for him he has too much testosterone to keep playing like that.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

The last one wasn't an ace
Oops. I didn't see the last point (lost connection with Internet) but I've read it in the other thread about this match :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts