Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
PS: If he loses tomorrow, he'll get another chance at the top 100 next week. He's in the MD for Ortisei as the #4 seed. A SF would guarantee him top 100 but even a QF might do it.

In R1 he plays Stefan Koubek. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It's his birthday today, so happy birthday :yeah:
And he is in the Chennai draw, plays Marcos Daniel in the first round, he really should win and then he'd face #1 seed Berdych.
Even though Daniel is ranked only slightly lower, Ivan killed him, 62 62. It's an excellent sign.

I don't expect Ivan to beat Berdych but best of luck to him and it'll be good experience no matter what.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Dodig lost to Janko in 2 sets and now has withdrawn from Indian Wells. Anyone knows why? He needed only 2 more withdrawals to get directly in the MD so I don't get why he decided not to play.
It's too bad he withdrew but my guess is he didn't feel like going from the U.S. to Croatia to play Davis Cup, then turn right around and go all the way to California.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Tomorrow, Ivan will get his new CH ranking: #32 :yeah:

If he plays OK the rest of this year he has an excellent chance of being seeded at the AO. He's defending 167 points, which isn't too many compared to the few guys ranked higher and the few ranked lower than him.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Excellent Wimbledon for Ivan. He moved up to 37 in singles (from 49) and to 20 in doubles (from 35).

In the near term, he has an excellent chance to move up the singles rankings. He's defending only 158 points (15% of his total) in the next three and a half months (through late October).

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
This week Dodig is the top-ranked Croat in singles and doubles :eek:

No disrespect to Dodig as I'm a big fan, but it's a bad sign that the top-ranked Croat is at #34.

When was the last time the best Croat was ranked that low? It must have been many, many years ago...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.