Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team with one of the best players will fight for survival in 1 Group. Lead 2-0 against Russia and to lose. WTF doubles champions Lopez and Marrero lost to nonames. Robredo lost to Donskoy, OK, you can understand definitely. But grown man Andujar lost in straight to skinny schoolchild in the final match - match where players needs to show best game. It's a shame.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Relax. Russia paid them enough.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Do many spanish people actually care about DC anymore?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
What team are the Spanish likely to face now? Disneyland?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
If Spain loses in Denmark, they would most likely face Sweden at home. So they can afford one more joke nomination.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Tumaini Carayol ‏@tumcarayol 59 minutes ago
On the plus side, Conchita Martinez can very easily drop her team off in North Korea on the way back to Spain.

·
Registered
68,103 Posts
Team with one of the best players will fight for survival in 1 Group. Lead 2-0 against Russia and to lose. WTF doubles champions Lopez and Marrero lost to nonames. Robredo lost to Donskoy, OK, you can understand definitely. But grown man Andujar lost in straight to skinny schoolchild in the final match - match where players needs to show best game. It's a shame.
thats what happen when you(lopez) get broken 5 times in a row. a top doubles player on such a quick surface cannot afford that. doubles match was pathetic

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I didn't watch their singles on Friday. Did the kids suck? Today, they played like solid top 40.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
The skinny schoolchild happens to be a very good player, especially for his age. I have seen him give other top players a tough time, even if he lost. Fact is Spain had no God given guarantee of victory. I also shows how DC can bring the best in lesser players, so that they can overachieve against top players. Cograts to the Russian team!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
So it looks like RUS tactics to play this tie in Vladivostok was right one. I mean yes Robredo and Andujar are probably good enough players to win this, but it´s not such big surprise they lost - circumstances were weird with being 2-0 up but still not such shock RUS takes this. Have they played in Moscow or ST. Petersrburg, some better players might have played and ESP chances would increase drastically.

ESP used to rule and now they are stucked in 1st division - pathetic yes and their federation is probably nto doing great job in motivating players when they have female captains in country with many top 100 ATP players... pathetic decisions lately in ESP.

Also sucks for RUS to not be in World grou when their B-team is regularly advancing in World group - KAZ i mean of course.

For both countries bad times, both teams should be comfortably in World group

1 - 20 of 44 Posts