Discussion Starter #1
Kamke Krainik 60 60
Tomic King 60
Duckworth El Mihdawy 60 61
Smyczek Vehovec 60 61

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
I expected Vehovec to lose 6-0 6-0 with 2 golden sets tbh. I'm actually really surprised the double bagel went to Krainek. Obviously he's not going to beat Kamke but he's good enough to win some games, and a lot of those games were really competitive, 28 points won, match almost went an hour which is rare for 6-0 6-0, he actually got up 40-0 in the first game, little did he know if he wanted a game he should have won that one.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Groove, you should have made the trip to Toronto, smooth talked a few of the WC ladies, you might have got a chance to play Masters 1000 qualies

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Anyone know why so few of the 50-100ish ranked players elected to play qualies here?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
Volfson joins the club

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Eric Vehovec getting in is the biggest joke in the entire world. That's actually the equivalent of Groove getting into Cincy qualies. He can't even win non-professional events in Ontario. His points came from Gabon?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
Bester wouldn't miss the party

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Not surprising with this draws, i mean why is this qualis so weak, i mean few good guys there that can play in main draw, but really many no names, no wonder we had results like 6-0,6-1 here, i would say from i have seen draw few really good player outside top 50 are not in MD and not in qualies don´t know why. 6 weeks before was entry list rigth? and those guys that didn´t make it and are not in qualies they at least where offered to play there?

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
6 of the 8 bagels went to Canadians:lol:
considering the 6 lowest ranked players in the draw were Canadians, that's not really shocking. Put Americans, or Spaniards around their rank in the draw and they'd get bagelled as well, its just those players didn't want to play because it's not a home 1000 for them

·
Registered
905 Posts
Watched a great first set between Becker and Fabrice Martin which Martin won in a tiebreak. Then saw Djokovic and Wawrinka play a three or four game mini-match as practice. Djokovidc spent fifteen minutes signing autographs around the court. Lots of others out there practicing including Karlovic, Murray, Gulbis and Kohlschreiber. A great free afternoon of tennis

Becker won the second 7-6 and Martin the third. So, Big upset in the qualies.

It's also free on Sunday.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Watched a great first set between Becker and Fabrice Martin which Martin won in a tiebreak. Then saw Djokovic and Wawrinka play a three or four game mini-match as practice. Djokovidc spent fifteen minutes signing autographs around the court. Lots of others out there practicing including Karlovic, Murray, Gulbis and Kohlschreiber. A great free afternoon of tennis

Becker won the second 7-6 and Martin the third. So, Big upset in the qualies.

It's also free on Sunday.
How'd that go?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts