Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Re: It's okay Nadal, that you wasted 5 match points in you loss again Lapentti today...

He has a couple tournaments coming up in the next two weeks... as it is I think he'll be about 55th now and should be top 50 before the USO. It'd have been nice if he won and all, but it's not like he was a favourite or anything, so I'm not dissapointed ;)

And he'll be fine at the USO as long as he doesn't draw Andre in the first round ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Re: It's okay Nadal, that you wasted 5 match points in you loss again Lapentti today...

I should add (and have pointed out elsewhere) that Lapentti needed the points and confidence more. Surprisingly he's ranked lower than Nadal... I think even if he wins the title? And Lapentti really should not be outside of the top 50, imo.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

That was a tough one... I was pretty ambivalent on a winner. Good luck to both this summer!

·
Registered
43 Posts

I agree that Nico needed that win a lot more then Raf. Nico is top 20 material or even higher but his confidence was at rock bottom at the beginning of the year but he seems to be comming back strong.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

poor Rafael... not only does he lose the match, but they expose how unphotogenic he is at the same time ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

RUS_4_EVER said:
I agree that Nico needed that win a lot more then Raf. Nico is top 20 material or even higher but his confidence was at rock bottom at the beginning of the year but he seems to be comming back strong.
True... and I don't mean this in a bad way, but you know that you are struggling when an epic win over Nadal could literally turn your year around...

·
Registered
43 Posts

Rebecca said:
True... and I don't mean this in a bad way, but you know that you are struggling when an epic win over Nadal could literally turn your year around...
I don't think it's the win against Nadal that could change his year around. I think the match that made Nico realize that he could still play great tennis was the match against Costa when he almost won with cramps. The loss against Schalken(a fantastic grasscourter) in 5 must have really helped him even if it was a loss. But the match that will most likely turn things around for Nico is the match he won against Horna in the first round this week because Horna kicked his ass real bad at the beginning of the year on clay and Nico won the match in straights this week..

Go Nico!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

I was being a little bit tongue and cheek.

Although I'm now rooting for Tommy to win the title, I wish Nico the best :kiss:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts

I think Nicos fall in the rankings really inspired him to play good tennis here. It was really tough for him losing in 5 to Costa from being two sets to love up, then losing in 5 to Schalken, from being two sets to one up i think. I'm happy for him about the win and i hope he will continue to play as he can for the rest of the year and get back to the top ten again.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts

I really hope he doesn't injure himself before the US Open.:rolleyes: Don't play too much, Rafael!

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

Well, Nico followed up the win over Nadal with an impressive 6-4, 6-2 trouncing of Robredo. Tommy was probably still tired from playing his semifinal match just hours earlier, but still a good win for Lapentti. Now he will take on Zabaleta in the final and I like his chances to finally win another singles title. It looks like Nico's gotten himself fit again, which is good news. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts

Bounce back strong in Stuttgart Rafi! :D
Some wins over top players wouldn't hurt!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

Pea said:
I really hope he doesn't injure himself before the US Open.:rolleyes: Don't play too much, Rafael!
Just make sure he doesn't hop over any more nets, and I'm sure he'll be fine. Seriously though, he has been playing a lot, but he was out for a whole month with very little practice. So it's not as bad as it sounds.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Glenn said:
Bounce back strong in Stuttgart Rafi! :D
Some wins over top players wouldn't hurt!
Right!! :)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

If I was reading correctly, it appears that Nadals first round opponent is YOUNGER than him, lol

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

Rebecca said:
If I was reading correctly, it appears that Nadals first round opponent is YOUNGER than him, lol

:D Are they running a day care in Stuttgart?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts