Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

“On the basis of the information the IOC has, postponement has been decided,” Pound said in a phone interview. “The parameters going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know.”
Pound, a Canadian who has been one of the most influential members of the IOC for decades, said he believes the IOC will announce its next steps soon.

·
Your visions will happen
46,921 Posts
Summer 2021 as it should be

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,564 Posts
Good decision. Yes, it's tradition for them to be every four years, in an even-numbered year and in a leap year. But it's not the end of the world to make a one-year adjustment. This is a lot less of a disruption than WWII was. Bit of a bummer for older athletes who might not be able to push themselves to 2021, but you can also unexpectedly get injured or sick a week before the Olympics. There are no guarantees in life.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Wimbledon will be played as indoor grass in December 2020.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Many MTF members know Mr. Black is chairman of the board at The All England Club, so thanks a lot for sharing this privileged insider information. Deeply appreciated.
Honorary chairman, mind you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This decision is long overdue. It will reduce chances for Federer and it will be quite an open tournament.

i also read that Tour de France will still take place, which is unacceptable in my opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts