Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've done my diligence and congratulated Pete (who will never retire) here's what to expect next year:

Aussie Open 02: Pete vs. Johannsen. Pete wins 6/1 6/4 6/3

French Open 02 (okay, Pete will never win this, so I will not even post a scenario, LOL).

Wimby: Pete vs. Agassi. Agassi looking for revenge. Pete wins 6/4 6/3 7/5 6/4

US Open 03 Pete vs. Hewitt. Hewitt playing with sore leg running down shots in rematch of semifinal with Agassi. Pete wins 7/5 6/3 6/3.

All New Ballz besides Hewitt fail to get by in 2nd round of any majors, but win 6 out of 9 Masters Series, renaming themselves the No Ballz.

BTW: Supposed PETE fans. Where are your avatars??? Hmmm????

The only good thing about this is Becker and Rafter returning!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
All New Ballz besides Hewitt fail to get by in 2nd round of any majors, but win 6 out of 9 Masters Series, renaming themselves the No Ballz.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you have anything factual to back up your opinion?

Safin has been past the quarters at every slam but Wimbledon in the past year and a half. Ferrero is 16-3 lifetime at the French Open having never lost before the semifinals, and losing the the eventual champ every year.

I could go on, but that statement is so ignorant and incorrect, i won't even bother.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Layla said:
Let me be the first to tell you this... you're hallucinating. :p

That's what GoDom thought about Pete when she posted a thread slamming him for thinking he could win the US Open:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rebecca,

JC can't even win the event his been favored to win for three years; The French Open.

Safin lost to Guga on hard court in an event he won two years ago. That should tell you something.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
LOL Tennis Fool! You're acting like the US Open represents the whole year, like nothing that took place before it ever happened. If this is your way of predicting the future, to base it on a single event, than all I can say is... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
lol, i actually think that post by Tennis Fool is funny... like a mockery of the past 3 years

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
My badon the last post...

JC can't even win the event his been favored to win for three years; The French Open.
Get your facts straight please. 3 years ago Ferrero was not even ranked in the top ten, had one title to his name, and was certaintly not favoured to win the French Open,or even make the semi finals like he did.

2 years ago, Guga was the favourite, and both men were slightly injured.

This year is the only year he was counted as a favourite. And even then he was in poor shape, having missed the first two months of the season etc etc.

Losing to Guga on hardcourts isn't a bad thing. For one Safin had a cracked rib. For another Guga has won masters series on hard, and the indoor championships.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
I think you have a typo. Pete winning Winby by needing to win 4 sets??;)

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
I'm glad Mrs. Guga understood my "tongue-in-cheek" post.

It's called WORST CASE SCENARIO people!
Why would it be your worst case scenario? :confused: You seem to be enjoying bashing the "new balls" every chance you get, so this would really be your ideal scenario, wouldn't it? :p

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Pete will pull a Steffi and retire now because that will totally fuck with Agassi's head. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Tennis fool I'm trying to argue against your point.

If you didn't want a debate, why did you post it?

If I don't post to it ever 5 :rolleyes: then you dont' bother to acknowledge my points.

I've provided several in your threads that have gone ignored.

When I make a point and someone ignores it, when i haven't offered a personal attack of any sort, then I assume it is being ignored because they can't think of an appropriate rebuttle.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts