Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are too goodlooking to be typical anglos.

Comment.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Can't see any resemblance at all apart from being blonde

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
At first glance, I did think Vasek looked a bit like Tomas in this pic:

Their faces are fairly different, but I think they have similar bodies.
They are similar(ish) heights. ATP says Vasek is 84kgs, but I reckon he'd may be about 87kgs now (don't know how current that 84kgs is, I think he's bulked up a bit?). Tomas is 91kgs.
Their hair is a similar colour and they both have blue eyes. Possibly similar nose?
Vasek's face has a bit more length whereas Tomas' face is a little bit wider?

For a similar age comparison. A more youthful-looking Tomas doesn't look much like Vasek either. Think this was 2009, so Tomas would have been about the same age as Vasek now. Lucie looks a bit crazy in this pic :crazy:

·
23,064 Posts
Well, personally I see Pospisil's game a little similar to Berdych (big serves with very good forehands and relatively good movement for their height) and a little bit of Tsonga (with the OHBH and net touch with big forehand and weak BH). In terms of looks not so much, but I could see why, as they are both blond and blue eyed guys.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Typical blondes
LOL, I remember an earlier thread about "why aren't there more blondes in tennis?", in which I was told in no uncertain terms that Berdych is NOT A BLOND. (I disagree, I think he is...)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'd describe Berdy's hair as being light brown with natural dark blonde highlights, which are usually much more visible when he's in the sunlight.
Vashy's hair colour is pretty similar, light brown with natural dark blonde highlights (which are also more obvious in sunlight). Vashy's light brown is maybe a shade or two lighter than Berdy's.

If you use your imagination you can pretend the Berd has long blonde hair in this photo. :lol:

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Both blonde, tall and handsome with a similar heritage, but not much similarity in bone structure.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Typical blondes
Both have lightbrown hair and not blonde (not even dark blond). For me blond hair is more like Stefan edberg or Boris becker.

LOL, I remember an earlier thread about "why aren't there more blondes in tennis?", in which I was told in no uncertain terms that Berdych is NOT A BLOND. (I disagree, I think he is...)
I disagree, Maybe america is so unblonde nowadays that they count guys with lighbrown hair as blonde. For me stereotypical blonde is what I commonly see in countries like denmark or sweden.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, personally I see Pospisil's game a little similar to Berdych (big serves with very good forehands and relatively good movement for their height) and a little bit of Tsonga (with the OHBH and net touch with big forehand and weak BH). In terms of looks not so much, but I could see why, as they are both blond and blue eyed guys.
Because they have a look that is in my opinion very czech. After meeting a group of czech lately I could say Id never confuse those guys with any other nationality, quite handsome people tbh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts