Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nobody plays them nearly as well as federer. and that above anything else, is why he is streets ahead of the rest of the tour!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
For the most part Hewitt has been just hitting it back to the centre of the court for Fed to punish.

But you are right also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
That TB was :eek: That was some unreal shit, I mean how the hell does ninja come up with some of those shots :bowdown: I am not worthy of seeing such things
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oneandonlyhsn said:
That TB was :eek: That was some unreal shit, I mean how the hell does ninja come up with some of those shots :bowdown: I am not worthy of seeing such things
illustrates why he will continue to dominate the game and why i dont understand the complaints about it. give me federer over the people that have nothing but height, big serves and power any day!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
federer express said:
illustrates why he will continue to dominate the game and why i dont understand the complaints about it. give me federer over the people that have nothing but height, big serves and power any day!
:yeah: word
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,359 Posts
That's why he blows 4 breakpoints in the third set and manages to lose it, then?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sjengster said:
That's why he blows 4 breakpoints in the third set and manages to lose it, then?
i never said he wins every big point, did i?

but if you think hewitt is gonna win the match from 2sets to love down, fair enough. but for me the match was decided in the second set, when he saved the set points.

so yes...he still plays the big points better than anyone else. and i'm not just saying that based on this match. it has been a consistent theme of his success over the last 2 years!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,235 Posts
This is why you don't make topics like this before the match is over, I guess. I mean, don't underestimate Federer (he is one of the best at the big points), but don't underestimate his opponents either.

But, of course, Sjengster, remember that he saved six set points in the second set - potentally he could have been two sets to one down, but instead he's two sets to one up, which is certainly a more comfortable situation.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flibbertigibbet said:
This is why you don't make topics like this before the match is over, I guess. I mean, don't underestimate Federer (he is one of the best at the big points), but don't underestimate his opponents either.

But, of course, Sjengster, remember that he saved six set points in the second set - potentally he could have been two sets to one down, but instead he's two sets to one up, which is certainly a more comfortable situation.
a lot like my previous post. and i will make this thread confidently before the match is over, because even if hewitt could come back to win...highly unlikely...it doesn't change the facts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
940 Posts
He needs to stop getting tight and lazy, i basically thought it was over in the third set and LLeyton gave it 100 percent.Sampras would have finished him off.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LLeytonRules said:
He needs to stop getting tight and lazy, i basically thought it was over in the third set and LLeyton gave it 100 percent.Sampras would have finished him off.
yes because sampras often murdered hewitt...(check their head to head)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,258 Posts
Now the GOD thinks back to Melbourne 2003;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,359 Posts
Not sweating a little at 0-30 in that last game, fed ex? On this form tomorrow looks like a pretty even battle. It's time he stopped playing like crap when it really counts and plays the way we know he can. I didn't become a fan of Federer just to watch somebody win all the time while playing sub-par tennis in important matches.
 

·
1,000 Baby!
Joined
·
19,909 Posts
He's not playing sub-par tennis all the time. :rolleyes: It wasn't the greatest display today, but he won. That's all I care about.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sjengster said:
Not sweating a little at 0-30 in that last game, fed ex? On this form tomorrow looks like a pretty even battle. It's time he stopped playing like crap when it really counts and plays the way we know he can. I didn't become a fan of Federer just to watch somebody win all the time while playing sub-par tennis in important matches.
like we have said over the last month, he hasn't played great tennis throughout. but he is beyond any doubt the best on the big points and the best at finding a way to win. he lost one set in two matches against quality opponents in nalbandian and hewitt. he is mentally too strong for the rest, who genuinely dont believe they have the games to beat him.

agassi will go the same way sadly. (sadly for agassi and all his fans including myself, he will be dominated)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,153 Posts
Lackluster stuff from Roger those last 2 sets. Credit to Hewitt for really giving him a battle. Federer can get lazy sometimes, but I think he's playing well enough to win this thing tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
Federer is getting too lazy on his footwork. he is also very bored as the saying goes "it's very lonely at the top". I think we need a rivalry with Gasquet or another great all-courter because you can see it seems as if he cant just lift himself to play as he can unless under pressure and believe you me, complacency kills.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top