Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyeon won the 1st set pretty easily while Lee put up a good fight in the second holding serves and often going 30-30 in Hyeon's service games. He got broken mid-way through it though but saved two MPs when Hyeon was serving for the match at 5-4 and broke him back, Chung had 5-2 lead in the tb, Lee came back and saved several MPs, had two on his serve but at the end lost it.

For those who don't know him Lee is the deaf guy '98

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
i dont know the other guy, but always sad to see duck hee lee losing

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chung too old (17) and too successful already (junior wimb final, beat kyrgios and coric there), won 2 futures + made 3 finals
:lol:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
:worship:I thought I was in to tennis but if you know anything about these players without a vested interest you are truly tennis nuts

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
bad luck duck.

was playing on the court next to a junior practice sesh in Melbourne - remember thinking it was exceedingly, er, quiet, until talking to his coach to find out it was Duck. then went to see the absolute breakfest that was him vs Halys (3R iirc). was pretty amazing to watch tbh, the mind boggles.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
tbh i have some issues when it comes to remember asian guys´ names. some of them look so similar in my eyes sometimes...and its not easy. also, it doesnt help i follow more the european players/players that play in europe. i have many issues remembering many latin american guys who only play in south america all year

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
Chung and Lee are the two most promising Korean youngsters out there and have performed extremely well at both Juniors and Futures level. Although Lee didn't win one, he was one Futures final and he'll be 16 at the end of May. Chung has won Futures tournaments. I am quite shocked about anyone following the Futures level tournaments not knowing about Chung. It's ironic, but I'm sure that SL probably meant he never saw him play, which would be quite different than what was obviously understood.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
tbh i have some issues when it comes to remember asian guys´ names. some of them look so similar in my eyes sometimes...and its not easy. also, it doesnt help i follow more the european players/players that play in europe. i have many issues remembering many latin american guys who only play in south america all year
That's the beauty and the level of the Futures level. Youngsters starting out don't have the money to compete anywhere else except their own region. If you don't know a Futures successful player because he plays only in his region when he's young, you will be missing some of the players emerging from the Futures tournaments to become ATP champions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts