Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First futures final for the 15yo (will soon turn 16). He played many long matches this week but still had enough in the tank to win another one.
http://ask.fm/Cocotennis96 He replies here to everyone's questions there are some funny(rude?) replies. :p

·
Registered
520 Posts
Futures/Satellites W

15y 10m Richard Gasquet FRA (2002)
15y 10m Mario Ancic CRO (2000)
15y 11m Feliciano Lopez ESP (1997)
15y 11m Corentin Moutet FRA (2015) ???

·
Registered
822 Posts
I remember Rhyne Williams winning a future a little bit older than him and he's nowhere to be found now but i don't know Moutet though so he may have another trajectory.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
this guy is amazing :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
The questions :spit: :spit: :spit:

Futur champion
Tes voyante ?

Still a kid :lol:

It's funny to notice that he doesn't even know for how many points he plays this tournament (neither for the ranking he can reach then)

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
This belongs to GM. 15 year old reach futures final is something to talk about. It's not happen every day for sure right ? In few years Corentin will be probably top 100(at least)

Cheers to you.

By the way it's not a big deal to mention but i was the first one who posted his first victory ever here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=527785 :)
No

This belongs in the futures forum. If this player makes the top 100 and plays atp 250s then sure he might merit a spot in general messages. As for now? no

There is a futures forum for a reason and you can discuss matches between 15 year olds there..

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145

·
MONSOON season.
82,209 Posts

·
Rankings Master
16,039 Posts
This thread belongs in GM. The Futures forum's structure is made so that it accepts discussions about tournaments, not individual matches, especially those matches which attract general interest, like this one. If a specific match does not attract the intent wished, it can get merged with a tournament thread inside the Futures forum, like it happened in the past. For now, this one stays, Moutet is the best 1999 generation can offer right now. Too bad he lost the final, after winning the first set 6-0 in front of Naso.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I love how you just state your belief without any supporting arguments.
But i can give my supporting arguments for sure.
Many of the futures matches shouldn't be posted here really. For guys like Josh Milton, Jules Marie and etc. (not that they annoy me or anything i understand the joke but still..) He is right about that. But for this one well he is wrong. In this case it doesnt matter what it is - futures, challenger or ATP. It's a standout performance by a 15 year old kid. How ofter do we see that ? The guy is possibly a future star. So in tennis perspective this should be here 100%. Many of us want to know the stars of tommorow and stucked on futures forum no one would know. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts