Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High quality in the part I watched (third set). Gaba had twice a break up in the decisive set, but really colapsed in the end... he has the game to be very dangerous, especially on clay, but is such a headcase.

Well done, Pablo! :yeah:

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Re: (3) Cuevas def. (Q) Gabashvili 4-6 6-4 6-4

Was a good match at times. Gabashvili's peak level seemed to be superior to Cuevas on the day, butttttt ........ he couldn't mentally handle being in front.

Double-faulted to lose the second set. Broke start of third, donated it straight back. Broke again, *4/2 up, total implosion, can't find the court from then on, loses last four straight.

·
Bring it Home
21,030 Posts
I didn't watched the match, but Gabashvili movement on clay is a killer. Sure, he's very dangerous hitting balls when totally balanced, but the only team the opponent has to do is move him on the court, he'll eventually miss. He also doesn't have the big serve to dominate service game, so it's not surprising losing sets being a break up. :shrug:

·
MONSOON season.
82,370 Posts
Good job Pablo :yeah:

I can't stand Gabashvili so :yeah:

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
I didn't watched the match, but Gabashvili movement on clay is a killer. Sure, he's very dangerous hitting balls when totally balanced, but the only team the opponent has to do is move him on the court, he'll eventually miss.
Yeah, that was noticeable from set2 on, Cuevas was doing more with the ball. Third set both of them were trying to take control of rallies, really good clay court stuff.

He also doesn't have the big serve to dominate service game, so it's not surprising losing sets being a break up. :shrug:
Yeah, normally. His first serve was stronger than usual today though.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Pablo:hearts:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts