Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 597 Posts

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,197 Posts
Re: 16 year old Palestinian teen kidnapped, tortured and burned alive by Jewish settl

Unfortunately it seems this shit won't stop until the israelis completely wipe out the palestinians off the face of the Earth. :sad:

This is like "the muricans wiping out the indians" on steroids.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 16 year old Palestinian teen kidnapped, tortured and burned alive by Jewish settl

An American-Palestinian 15 year old teen was reportedly badly beaten by Israeli police.

Tariq Abu Khdeir, 15, was detained on Thursday in Shuafat in occupied East Jerusalem, during the second day of violent clashes that followed the killing of his Palestinian cousin, who was also a teenager.

A video released by Palestine TV showed three masked officers beating a handcuffed teenager and then dragging him away.

The US State Department said it was "profoundly disturbed" by the video and demanded a full investigation. Abu Khdeir lives with his family in Florida, and was in Jerusalem on holiday.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts

from the link you posted

"Tensions have risen after three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped on 12 June and later found dead in the occupied West Bank."

I didnt see a thread for that?

·
RAVE ON
18,457 Posts

No mention of the three Israeli teens kidnapped and murdered? Much to the delight of Hamas, it seems.

However, I am open to being informed that the youtube video is a fake, because I can not really bring myself to believe that even the terrorist group Hamas would go on record as calling this cowardly triple murder a "heroic action". It is chilling and horrific to see a representative of Hamas apparently spewing such hate.
How cowardly and debased can one be to have an opinion like that? Debased enough to be chosen as a representative of the Palestinians, it seems.

Same old anti-Semitism at work here.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

from the link you posted

"Tensions have risen after three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped on 12 June and later found dead in the occupied West Bank."

I didnt see a thread for that?
Probably because there was no need as every major western news outlet was reporting about it. Palestinians victims don't have the same level of recognition in the West and certainly not in Israel specially.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

No mention of the three Israeli teens kidnapped and murdered? Much to the delight of Hamas, it seems.

However, I am open to being informed that the youtube video is a fake, because I can not really bring myself to believe that even the terrorist group Hamas would go on record as calling this cowardly triple murder a "heroic action". It is chilling and horrific to see a representative of Hamas apparently spewing such hate.
How cowardly and debased can one be to have an opinion like that? Debased enough to be chosen as a representative of the Palestinians, it seems.

Same old anti-Semitism at work here.
So, let me get this straight? You immediately label the video as fake because it doesn't fit with your prejudices about Palestinians? What does Hamas even have to do with this in particular?

You don't find anything disturbing about grown up men who are supposed to enforce the law beating the shit out of a defenseless 15 year old teen?

What is wrong with you?

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/07/06/israel-gaza-teens-palestinian/12263679/

Looks like the victims cousin got his share of Israel police brutality.

The US is disturbed about the incident.

At least some of the perpetrators in the teens death have been detained.
BuddyHoly knows better. He's calling the US State Department telling them that he's "open to believe the video is a fake".

The injuries shown in Tariq Abu Khdeir's photo must be fake too. Great make up, I guess.

·
RAVE ON
18,457 Posts

So, let me get this straight? You immediately label the video as fake because it doesn't fit with your prejudices about Palestinians? What does Hamas even have to do with this in particular?

You don't find anything disturbing about grown up men who are supposed to enforce the law beating the shit out of a defenseless 15 year old teen?

What is wrong with you?
I was actually referring to a Hamas political leader who said on video that the killing of three Israeli teenagers was a "heroic act."
There is nothing wrong with me, but perhaps it was not clear to exactly which video I was referring. It was a video that had not been previously mentioned, which I found by googling "Hamas leader calls triple murder a heroic action." I should have said what my source was.
However, if you had read my post with any amount of attention it would have been absolutely clear that it could not possibly have been referring to the beating of the American-Palestinian.

·
RAVE ON
18,457 Posts

BuddyHoly knows better. He's calling the US State Department telling them that he's "open to believe the video is a fake".

The injuries shown in Tariq Abu Khdeir's photo must be fake too. Great make up, I guess.
Please read posts and try to understand them before replying. You totally misunderstood my post.

I am open to believe the video of a Hamas political representative calling the murder of three teenagers a heroic action is a fake, because it is beyond my comprehension to imagine any human calling a triple murder of defenseless teenagers a "heroic action."

Unless, of course, that is the official Hamas stance on heroism.

·
RAVE ON
18,457 Posts

Probably because there was no need as every major western news outlet was reporting about it. Palestinians victims don't have the same level of recognition in the West and certainly not in Israel specially.
You clearly have no unbiased knowledge at all of major western news outlets.

Interesting that the link you chose to publicize a story about the Palestinian is to a major western news outlet.
Those news outlets that don't print the stories you need to bring to our attention? Bit of a circular argument there.
Face it, you probably considered the triple murder a heroic revolutionary act, but were too cowardly to start a thread to say so.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Please read posts and try to understand them before replying. You totally misunderstood my post.

I am open to believe the video of a Hamas political representative calling the murder of three teenagers a heroic action is a fake, because it is beyond my comprehension to imagine any human calling a triple murder of defenseless teenagers a "heroic action."

Unless, of course, that is the official Hamas stance on heroism.
That hardly makes any sense at all. What would be 'fake' about an official Hamas spoken video (that I haven't even seen by the way)? And if you think it is fake, why even bring it up to this thread in the first place?

You clearly have no unbiased knowledge at all of major western news outlets.

Interesting that the link you chose to publicize a story about the Palestinian is to a major western news outlet.
Those news outlets that don't print the stories you need to bring to our attention? Bit of a circular argument there.
Face it, you probably considered the triple murder a heroic revolutionary act, but were too cowardly to start a thread to say so.
The Guardian is one of the few main news outlets from the West that seems to have a more critical stance on the Middle East. I know you consider them incredibly biased, as you have told me time and time again, though. Then again, when I choose non-Western news outlet you also call them non-credible. It's impossible to have an argument that way.

About the triple murder of those 3 Jewish boys, of course it's horrible and the people who did it should be prosecuted but this of course doesn't entitle the Israelis to inflict atrocities on the Palestinians. Make no mistake, while the acts described above in this thread reflect badly on a few people of Israel, the government has established a policy of collective punishment against the Palestinian population in general, a policy that has been endorsed by most of the Jewish population of the so-called Jewish state.

In this conflict, neither side has its hands clean but one of them has all the power and the big weapons. It's easy to ignore reality and pretend that Israel is looking for peace when all of their actions seem to point to another direction.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The day after the bodies of the 3 missing Israeli Jews were found, the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, called for vengeance. Not in an imaginative way, he really did call for vengeance: "Vengeance for the blood of a small child, Satan has not yet created," At the same, he immediately blamed Hamas for it, despite not having evidence about it. Soon afterwards, mobs of Israeli civilians and police officers were beating Palestinians, killing a few of them, while at the same time the Israeli Defense Forces were storming the West Bank and bombing Gaza.

I wonder, is calling for vengeance and basically instigating ethnic hatred appropriate for a Prime Minister of what many in the West think of as a civilized country? In my opinion, Netanyahu behaves more like the leader of a violent mob than as the leader of a country. Just Shameful behaviour

·
RAVE ON
18,457 Posts

That hardly makes any sense at all. What would be 'fake' about an official Hamas spoken video (that I haven't even seen by the way)? And if you think it is fake, why even bring it up to this thread in the first place?

You have to stop making things mean what you want them to mean. I never said anything was an official Hamas video. I have no idea how you could get to that conclusion.
The reason I said it may be fake is that anyone could put any English translation on the screen and I would not know if it was a genuine translation.
And while I may hope it was fake, because I find it hard to believe anyone could be so cowardly and barbaric as the man in the video, I fear he really did say that.

·
RAVE ON
18,457 Posts

The Guardian is one of the few main news outlets from the West that seems to have a more critical stance on the Middle East. I know you consider them incredibly biased, as you have told me time and time again, though. Then again, when I choose non-Western news outlet you also call them non-credible. It's impossible to have an argument that way.

About the triple murder of those 3 Jewish boys, of course it's horrible and the people who did it should be prosecuted but this of course doesn't entitle the Israelis to inflict atrocities on the Palestinians. Make no mistake, while the acts described above in this thread reflect badly on a few people of Israel, the government has established a policy of collective punishment against the Palestinian population in general, a policy that has been endorsed by most of the Jewish population of the so-called Jewish state.
It is not me who feels the need to insert something like the "western capitalist" media at every opportunity. This is just that tired old Cuban trick of labelling everything the opposite of reality in the hope that if it is repeated enough people will eventually accept it. It is a simple fact that the the western media is free to say what it wants, compared to propaganda outlets like RT. Just because the western media may not say what you want to hear does not mean it is wrong. It means it is not controlled by some repressive regime.

The difference for me is that the Palestinian was almost surely murdered by a few individuals, while the Israelis may well have been murdered by Hamas in an attempt to start another campaign of tit for tat.
You can theorise all you want on what the Israeli government thinks, but when Netanyahu actually goes on TV and hails the murder of the Palestinian teenager as a "heroic act", then you can get back to me.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Does anyone here even know who Shelly Dadon is? The international media is so unfairly uneven :eek:

1 - 20 of 597 Posts