Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Thanks for the response. Interesting to hear about your hometown.
How is the recent atmosphere in the city centre of Jerusalem I wonder, are the Palestinians and Israeli Jews still segregated? Do you have any Muslim/Israeli Arab friend?
Meh, I wouldn't even try to explain this city in one post... It's a crazy city really. Yes the east part of the city is pretty much a no go for Israelis, we do not venture there almost at all as we would probably get killed if we do. But there are Arab neighborhoods all over the west part as well and we mostly get along just fine.

Do I know any Arabs or have any Arab friends? Yes and kinda yes. You can't really avoid it, the closest neighborhood to mine is an Arab one and they are mostly pretty happy living under Israeli gov (and really that's true for all Arab neighborhoods on this side of things). They too realize we allow them to have a western style of life and they are quite used to all it's benefits. About friends, I wouldn't go out raving with them but my mechanic is Arab, I know all his family and he knows mine and we live pretty happily side by side.

But again, this city is pretty insane, some parts are nothing but extreme orthodox religious Jews, some are the same but Muslim, some are Israeli no mans lands and some are expensive posh neighborhoods no one can afford to live in lol.

Trying to explain this city to an outsider is pretty impossible, takes a life time of living here just to get a grasp of things really.

·
Registered
36,852 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
But will he succeed getting a coalition? Even though Israeli Arabs declared that they can support him, he rejected as far as I know. New elections looming.

·
Registered
36,852 Posts
But will he succeed getting a coalition? Even though Israeli Arabs declared that they can support him, he rejected as far as I know. New elections looming.
its a close call between new elections or Gantz forming some kind of a temporary gov or the right wing block breaks and one party joins the gov.

no one knows

i can tell u one thing i know for sure, if we will have elections for the 3 time in a year the public will be very very angry, even pissed

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Time for USA to cut all aid to israel and ask for a payback. What is it about $100 billion by now? America First. Time for israel to stand on it's own.
Too many naive americans like u? don't seem to get it. Lobbies Iike AIPAC own the congress & most poIit. on both sides whiIe movements Iike BDS r scorned thanx IargeIy to controIIed media.

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
As they say nothing is more stable in Near East than the instability

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
4th election in a year, today. Israelis could not decide whether to give the keys of govt to Grantz or Netanyahu, deadlock every single time. Let's see tonight.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yes we saw how well they did all throw their history

Africa
2 world wars
Colonialism
Don't Iump aII of Europe w/ "coIoniaIism" which the British took the most aggressive role in before a few countries from continentaI Europe followed suit & if you’re going to make such sweeping statements, two can play that game so ask PaIestinians about modern day colonialism. Btw, like it or not, it’s well documented that zionists precipitated the WWs.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts