Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Europe needs to take the lead in the world. If not, the world will go down.
I think it's great that the west is lending a helping hand. Poor countries appreciate all the help they can get. The problem occurs when the west tries to meddle with other countries's foreign policy. And also when countries don't have a well defined foreign policy and on immigration.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
How can he lead?
Well today he offered Grantz to join his party for a grand coalition, news claim that Blue and White is approaching to this offer warmly. probably Benny now will get a Deputy PM or Ministery of Foreign Affairs chair, Netanyahu will continue to lead.

·
Registered
36,852 Posts
Well today he offered Grantz to join his party for a grand coalition, news claim that Blue and White is approaching to this offer warmly. probably Benny now will get a Deputy PM or Ministery of Foreign Affairs chair, Netanyahu will continue to lead.
He has nothing he is in a mess and he is shotting blanks and he knows this

Gantz is leading 33 vs 31 so not only are they the biggest party liberman (remember him the key to any gov) said ge will only sit in a gov with gantz and the Likud

Noticed he said the likud not bibi

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
He has nothing he is in a mess and he is shotting blanks and he knows this

Gantz is leading 33 vs 31 so not only are they the biggest party liberman (remember him the key to any gov) said ge will only sit in a gov with gantz and the Likud

Noticed he said the likud not bibi
Thanks.

I wonder what fellow Israeli MTFer here @Mercury thinks about it all?

·
Registered
976 Posts
The path to peace and reconciliation is always there. First, there has to be a deep hunger for peace on both sides. That means an end to outrage and violent posturing at every level of society. Ideally, it would also be facilitated by exceptional world leaders and talented diplomats and envoys.

In the past, Democrat administrations in the US have made great efforts to broker peace accords, just as they played a key role in the Northern Ireland peace process. But the United States is now a force for destruction, having elected an idiot of a president and a team of hawkish buffoons. The carte blanche they give to Netanyahu is the acme of foreign policy stupidity. Just as with the issue of climate change, the rest of the world will have to step in and take a leadership role, while the US acts like a big baby.

For historical reasons, the EU is poorly placed to assume this mantle, because of Germany's leading role at European level. In another era, Britain could have played a positive role, but it's got its own buffoon in office.

Not too long ago, a range of talented and dedicated US and UK politicians, such as George Mitchell, Mo Mowlam and Bill Clinton, helped broker a lasting (fingers crossed) peace in Northern Ireland.

By contrast, the administrations of today are a pack of petty vindictive minnows who throw their weight around like wannabe mobsters.

Lots of love to the peoples of Israel and Palestine. I hope you find a path to peace and compromise. As always, the people eagerly helping you to do the wrong thing: those people are not your friends.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
The path to peace and reconciliation is always there. First, there has to be a deep hunger for peace on both sides. That means an end to outrage and violent posturing at every level of society. Ideally, it would also be facilitated by exceptional world leaders and talented diplomats and envoys.

In the past, Democrat administrations in the US have made great efforts to broker peace accords, just as they played a key role in the Northern Ireland peace process. But the United States is now a force for destruction, having elected an idiot of a president and a team of hawkish buffoons. The carte blanche they give to Netanyahu is the acme of foreign policy stupidity. Just as with the issue of climate change, the rest of the world will have to step in and take a leadership role, while the US acts like a big baby.

For historical reasons, the EU is poorly placed to assume this mantle, because of Germany's leading role at European level. In another era, Britain could have played a positive role, but it's got its own buffoon in office.

Not too long ago, a range of talented and dedicated US and UK politicians, such as George Mitchell, Mo Mowlam and Bill Clinton, helped broker a lasting (fingers crossed) peace in Northern Ireland.

By contrast, the administrations of today are a pack of petty vindictive minnows who throw their weight around like wannabe mobsters.

Lots of love to the peoples of Israel and Palestine. I hope you find a path to peace and compromise. As always, the people eagerly helping you to do the wrong thing: those people are not your friends.

It's not petty or vindictive, that's what the masses think. It's all politics and the hunger for power(be it land grabbing or demolishing).

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Netanyahu wants to keep power in any way possible, it doesn't look good for him and it's not a pretty picture in politics anyway. Gantz has a much stronger coalition appeal and more maneuver space right now. Even the Israeli Arabs openly support Gantz. Obviously, it is Netanyahu who has personally become a liability in Israeli politics.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The mandate to form a government has been given to Netanyahu by the Israeli president, even though Benjamin came second. Interesting scenes.

·
Registered
36,852 Posts
The mandate to form a government has been given to Netanyahu by the Israeli president, even though Benjamin came second. Interesting scenes.
Not interesting at all

He doesnt 61 to form a government

·
Registered
36,852 Posts
Netanyahu wants to keep power in any way possible, it doesn't look good for him and it's not a pretty picture in politics anyway. Gantz has a much stronger coalition appeal and more maneuver space right now. Even the Israeli Arabs openly support Gantz. Obviously, it is Netanyahu who has personally become a liability in Israeli politics.
Yes and if the Likud won't come againat him and force the public to 3 elected they will pay

Keep in mind that by the law bibi is not a parlament remenber not prime minister so if he cant form a gov, his will be on a hearing without the temporary pm immunity

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Keep in mind that by the law bibi is not a parlament remenber not prime minister so if he cant form a gov, his will be on a hearing without the temporary pm immunity
So, this is the reason why he clings to power so desperately.

·
Registered
36,852 Posts
So, what is the exact reason why President mandated him? I don't get it.
he hope he will fail and the chance to form a gov will be given to the other benjamin.

both dont have the numbers its a dead end.

·
Registered
36,852 Posts

·
Registered
36,852 Posts
Make no mistake, Netanyahu will stay president and it's a great thing.
you mean prime minister?

no he wouldnt and shouldnt.

He is charged with bribery, fraud and breach of trust

the prime minister beffoe him, ehuid olmert had to step down and in the end went to jail for bribery. no messing around in our court no matter who you are

·
Registered
36,852 Posts
everyone start with charged. give it a few weeks.

the window is closing

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Thanks.

I wonder what fellow Israeli MTFer here @Mercury thinks about it all?
I was on a vacation and was no where near a forum lately. But better late than never!

I'm pretty right winged in my opinions, not extreme but still right winged. I appreciate Bibi for all he has done here in the last 2 decades. The man went to power in a time when Israelis were constantly blowing up in the streets of Jerusalem. The bus I took to school blew up twice before he took to power and put in a couple of moves that literally allowed me to walk the streets of Jerusalem feeling safe again. Also, the man has a brilliant mind for economy and we're doing much better than we should be doing in that regard.

All that said, he has been in power for too long. Any man can be corrupted and spending decades as a leader tends to fuck over even the straightest of men. He needs to step down. He has done a lot, much more than I believed possible and I have nothing for respect for him, but it has to end at some point.

I feel I've been waiting for someone worthy to step up for about 5 years. A rival worth mentioning and unfortunately none have come up. I don't know Gantz's political opinions, he never said a damn thing which scares me beyond belief. If he's a full blown lefty we may suffer the same fate as we did in the late 90s and early 2000s. Israel does not manage well with a left government, security wise. We've had nothing but damage come from the left. I hope Gantz is somewhere in the middle, and up for the task, but I'm preparing myself for the worst possible outcome with him.

For now none of it matters, no one can make a gov which is a very bad situation to be in. I hope they can unite or something cause having no gov for this long is starting to take it's toll.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I was on a vacation and was no where near a forum lately. But better late than never!

I'm pretty right winged in my opinions, not extreme but still right winged. I appreciate Bibi for all he has done here in the last 2 decades. The man went to power in a time when Israelis were constantly blowing up in the streets of Jerusalem. The bus I took to school blew up twice before he took to power and put in a couple of moves that literally allowed me to walk the streets of Jerusalem feeling safe again. Also, the man has a brilliant mind for economy and we're doing much better than we should be doing in that regard.

All that said, he has been in power for too long. Any man can be corrupted and spending decades as a leader tends to fuck over even the straightest of men. He needs to step down. He has done a lot, much more than I believed possible and I have nothing for respect for him, but it has to end at some point.

I feel I've been waiting for someone worthy to step up for about 5 years. A rival worth mentioning and unfortunately none have come up. I don't know Gantz's political opinions, he never said a damn thing which scares me beyond belief. If he's a full blown lefty we may suffer the same fate as we did in the late 90s and early 2000s. Israel does not manage well with a left government, security wise. We've had nothing but damage come from the left. I hope Gantz is somewhere in the middle, and up for the task, but I'm preparing myself for the worst possible outcome with him.

For now none of it matters, no one can make a gov which is a very bad situation to be in. I hope they can unite or something cause having no gov for this long is starting to take it's toll.
Thanks for the response. Interesting to hear about your hometown.
How is the recent atmosphere in the city centre of Jerusalem I wonder, are the Palestinians and Israeli Jews still segregated? Do you have any Muslim/Israeli Arab friend?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts