Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the title is to be taken literally. Israel used civilian flights heading to Beirut and Damascus as cover to strike Syrian targets.

Now, it's a well documented fact by several organisations that Israel has used civilians as human shields on several ocassions but I think this is the first time they used civilian airlines. Nicely done.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Pretty much everything you said was Nonsense.

I feel bad for Israel and the Jewish people as a whole. There has never been a people group more persecuted in human history than the Jewish people. They were enslaved in Egypt, exiled by Babylon and Rome. Massacred in the Holocaust, purged by Stalin, and murdered in the Middle East. Did you know that every single country in Europe has forcibly expelled Jews from their country at some point in their history. Every single country.

All the Jewish people want to do is live on their tiny little homeland, and even then they want to split their tiny parcel of land to let the Palestinians have their own country, but the hatred for the Jewish people is too much. That is not an acceptable result to them. The only acceptable result is for the Jewish people and Israel to be “wiped from the face of the Earth”.

It’s time to leave Israel and the Jewish people as a whole alone. They have been persecuted relentlessly for millenniums. They have been enslaved, murdered, and persecuted by just about every country in the world. Even now its a crime to be Jewish in every single other country in the Middle East, and the world refuses to do anything about it.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I thought Hamas used human shields?

Reactions: acacacacademy

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I feel bad for Israel and the Jewish people as a whole. There has never been a people group more persecuted in human history than the Jewish people. They were enslaved in Egypt, exiled by Babylon and Rome. Massacred in the Holocaust, purged by Stalin, and murdered in the Middle East. Did you know that every single country in Europe has forcibly expelled Jews from their country at some point in their history. Every single country.

All the Jewish people want to do is live on their tiny little homeland, and even then they want to split their tiny parcel of land to let the Palestinians have their own country, but the hatred for the Jewish people is too much. That is not an acceptable result to them. The only acceptable result is for the Jewish people and Israel to be “wiped from the face of the Earth”.

It’s time to leave Israel and the Jewish people as a whole alone. They have been persecuted relentlessly for millenniums. They have been enslaved, murdered, and persecuted by just about every country in the world. Even now its a crime to be Jewish in every single other country in the Middle East, and the world refuses to do anything about it.
You're basically saying that the Palestinians should take the burden of the crimes and ethnic cleansing that Jews have endured in the past (mostly at the hand of Europeans, I might add) and should accept losing their homeland and being a persecuted people themselves because of it.

I think you really need to re-think about it. Being the historic victim of crimes doesn't give you the right to do the same to others.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought Hamas used human shields?
This is from Wikipedia:
In 2013, a report by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child concluded that Israeli forces had used Palestinian children as human shields in 14 cases between 2010 and 2013. According to the report, almost everyone who had used children as human shields had remained unpunished.[180]

The IDF acknowledged using the "Neighbor Procedure" or the "Early Warning Procedure", in which the IDF would encourage a Palestinian acquaintance of a wanted man to try and convince them to surrender. This practice was criticized by some as using human shields, an allegation the IDF denied, saying that it never forced people into carrying out the "Neighbor Procedure"; and that Palestinians volunteered to prevent excess loss of life. Amnesty International[181] and Human Rights Watch[182] are among the groups who made the human shield comparison. The Israeli group B'Tselem also made the comparison, saying that "for a long period of time following the outbreak of the second intifada Operation Defensive Shield, in April 2002, the IDF systematically used Palestinian civilians as human shields, forcing them to carry out military actions which threatened their lives".[183] The Neighbor Procedure was outlawed by the Supreme Court of Israel in 2005 but some groups say the IDF continues to use it, although they say the number of instances has dropped sharply.[183][184]

In April 2004, human rights activists from Rabbis for Human Rights reported that Israeli soldiers used 13-year-old Muhammed Badwan as a human shield during a demonstration in the West Bank village of Biddu,[185] by tying him to the front windscreen of their jeep with the purpose, according to the boy's father, of discouraging Palestinian demonstrators from throwing stones at them. A picture of Badwan tied to the jeep was published in the Daily Mail. On 1 July 2009, Amnesty International stated that Israeli troops forced Palestinians to stay in one room of their home while turning the rest of the house into a base and sniper position, "effectively using the families, both adults and children, as human shields and putting them at risk," the group said. "Intentionally using civilians to shield a military objective, often referred to as using 'human shields' is a war crime," Amnesty said.[186] Such actions are condemned by human rights groups as violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention.[187]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Israel#Accusations_of_using_human_shields

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Israel isn't part of the OP's holiday plans for 2019 :p
Actually, I wanted to go in 2019 but none of my friends does unfortunately so I might have to postpone the trip. If I go, I'll probably try to stay there for at least a month, so I need to make the necessary arrangements workwise and timewise. We'll see.

In any case, in the age of big data and social media/online content spying, a part of me is slightly afraid I'll be denied entry.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
This is from Wikipedia:
I hardly consider Amnesty as a credible institution of measuring anything.
It is an immensely corrupt and politically motivated organization.

I seriously doubt that IDF would trust Syria to not target a civilian aircraft and fly F-16s under their cover.
They have surely flown F-16s and fired missiles into Syria, but the human shield claim is too hard to believe.
Human shield is a questionable war strategy against Syria/Palestine/Iran.

Reactions: JambaJuice95

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I hardly consider Amnesty as a credible institution of measuring anything.
It is an immensely corrupt and politically motivated organization.
The excerpt also included the conclusions of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, but I suppose you don't consider that a credible institution either.

I seriously doubt that IDF would trust Syria to not target a civilian aircraft and fly F-16s under their cover.
They have surely flown F-16s and fired missiles into Syria, but the human shield claim is too hard to believe.
I don't think you grasp the political aspects of a well known war with international implications such as the one in Syria at the moment. Even if we were to accept that the Assad government wouldn't really have any moral qualms about shooting down a civilian air flight, they'd certainly care about the political backlash such action would receive. It would for starters give a sound base to several hawkish Western politicans and organizations looking for a more agressive stance on Syria.
Human shield is a questionable war strategy against Syria/Palestine/Iran.
If only the Israelis were to agree with you...

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
If you're calling Israel 4th reich you are so out of whack there's no hope.
If you're calling US that, ditto.

Your stock has just plummeted.
Why even respond when there's nothing you can say but child level "nuh-uh"?

What are Israel and USA doing bombing and invading sovereign countries? Since WWII USA has been in continuous war and aggression all over the world, including my country. Maybe you need rockets flying over your head to understand? Reality check, you have no comprehension of war and even less why it happens.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Israel's aggression, mistreatement and abuse of the Palestinian people is the worst injustice in the world today. Yet the world just sits back and lets it happen because it's practically illegal for anyone to criticize Israel or point out their horrible actions.

Just imagine if Trump cut off the $38 billion aid package to Israel or asked Israel to pay back USA the $500 billion or so USA has given them since 1947.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts

You're basically saying that the Palestinians should take the burden of the crimes and ethnic cleansing that Jews have endured in the past (mostly at the hand of Europeans, I might add) and should accept losing their homeland and being a persecuted people themselves because of it.

I think you really need to re-think about it. Being the historic victim of crimes doesn't give you the right to do the same to others.
The Israelis want a two-state solution. Everyone on the planet does, the only people who don’t are the Palestinians who will settle for nothing less than wiping Israel off the face of the map.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
It is a crime in every single other Middle Eastern country to be Jewish, but Abraxas can not find any persecution there. See no evil.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Israel's aggression, mistreatement and abuse of the Palestinian people is the worst injustice in the world today. Yet the world just sits back and lets it happen because it's practically illegal for anyone to criticize Israel or point out their horrible actions.

Just imagine if Trump cut off the $38 billion aid package to Israel or asked Israel to pay back USA the $500 billion or so USA has given them since 1947.
You must be living in a different "world".

The UN has issued 232 resolutions with respect to Israel since 2003, representing 40% of all resolutions issued by the UN over the period and more than six times that of the second placed country, Sudan.

With respect to the United Nations Human Rights Council, Israel has been the focus of 70% of approximately 50 condemnatory resolutions by the council, 60% of the ten Special Sessions of the council and 100% of the council's five fact-finding missions or inquiries.
Israel faces tremendous heat internationally and domestically for any human rights infringement.

There are 33 countries who do not officially recognize Israel as a country.

Criticism of Israel and turning a blind eye to the dangers its citizens face on a daily basis is the cool thing to do for people who like to think themselves as intellectuals all over the world. Practically illegal?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
The Israelis want a two-state solution. Everyone on the planet does, the only people who don’t are the Palestinians who will settle for nothing less than wiping Israel off the face of the map.
You are so clueless. Most of humanity thinks exactly the opposite, and as you can see, there are Jews who are more radical on matter of Israel's statehood than Palestinians. Also, most of the planet doesn't belong to western civilization, even if most of the planet is bullied by it.

As for two state solution, maybe someone should barge in your house, confine you to 10% of territory, screw with your water supply and bully you on a daily basis for years. Certainly those are the conditions preferable to negotiation of splitting your house in 2 so this act of aggression against you and your property can have legal conclusion in the end.

Edit; Also this thread is not about Israel-Palestine, but about Israel using their fighter jets for aggression against sovereign state of Syria and allegedly taking advantage of civilian flights to prevent response.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You are so clueless. Most of humanity thinks exactly the opposite, and as you can see, there are Jews who are more radical on matter of Israel's statehood than Palestinians. Also, most of the planet doesn't belong to western civilization, even if most of the planet is bullied by it.

As for two state solution, maybe someone should barge in your house, confine you to 10% of territory, screw with your water supply and bully you on a daily basis for years. Certainly those are the conditions preferable to negotiation of splitting your house in 2 so this act of aggression against you and your property can have legal conclusion in the end.

Edit; Also this thread is not about Israel-Palestine, but about Israel using their fighter jets for aggression against sovereign state of Syria and allegedly taking advantage of civilian flights to prevent response.
This might be the most uneducated post I’ve ever read.

Israel is the homeland of both the Jewish and Palestinian people. They both have equal claims to it. The Israelis are not invaders who stole this land from Palestine as you are trying to claim. The Israelis want to share their land with Palestine. They want a two-state solution. Palestine wants to wipe the Jews from the face of the planet and will settle for nothing less. It is a crime to be Jewish in every other country in the Middle East, meanwhile Israel embraces people of all religions and ethnicities.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts

You must be living in a different "world".

The UN has issued 232 resolutions with respect to Israel since 2003, representing 40% of all resolutions issued by the UN over the period and more than six times that of the second placed country, Sudan.

With respect to the United Nations Human Rights Council, Israel has been the focus of 70% of approximately 50 condemnatory resolutions by the council, 60% of the ten Special Sessions of the council and 100% of the council's five fact-finding missions or inquiries.
Israel faces tremendous heat internationally and domestically for any human rights infringement.

There are 33 countries who do not officially recognize Israel as a country.

Criticism of Israel and turning a blind eye to the dangers its citizens face on a daily basis is the cool thing to do for people who like to think themselves as intellectuals all over the world. Practically illegal?
Great post. Israel is surrounded by countries who want to exterminate them from the planet, and who murder and persecute Jews daily. Yes it is very easy for anti-semites across the world to sit in the safety of their homes and condemn Israel for blowing up Iran’s nuclear scientists and uranium supplies, but when Ahmadinejad campaigns on his desire to wipe Israel from the face of the map, it becomes pretty obvious that Israel has to fight back or they will be exterminated.

It is a crime to be Jewish in every other middle eastern country, but these “intellectuals” have no problem with that.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts