Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He fell short of winning his first grand slam title tonight, but his interview at the closing ceremoney brought tears to my eyes. It was so thoughtful and considerate. He touched on the bushfire victims, describing Australia as a beautiful country. He said there're things in life that are far more important than winning. I totally agree with everyting he said there. Though he lost today, to me, he's as worthy a champion as Djokovic. Congrats to Dominic. I believe you will have many more chances to win Grand Slam titles in the future. I hope he will revenge today's loss at Roland Garros beating Nadal in the finals there.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Nice doesn’t win you slams though

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thiem is a very good guy with a lot of respect. He knows there are more important things than Tennis. But he is obviously disappointed too. At the end life goes on he will get many more chances to win at least one Grand Slams.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,656 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thiem is so fannable. I hope he gets his slams.

By the way, the BBC kept referring to Dominic's mother in the stands, I thought it was Anke Huber!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes, I have to agree with the consensus opinion. Thiem seems like a kind, considerate, and generally nice person. I don't think that's the reason he lost today, though.

Edit: BTW, multi-slam winners and GOAT candidates like the big three might not be as nice as Thiem, but I think they are decent enough, and certainly not some kind of super-villains like some might suggest.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Im sad for Dom, he's very unlucky to play in the same Era as such monsters as Rafa and Nole.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts