Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the 3rd set tiebreak against Haas. While the height and the serve reminds one of Ivo Karlovic, I feel he has more game. I like his volleys much better. This Georgia Bulldog is going places. He's going to accomplish much more than Ivo ever did. This is only his 2nd ATP tour event, the semi against Gael tomorrow will be very telling.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I just watched the 3rd set tiebreak against Haas. While the height and the serve reminds one of Ivo Karlovic, I feel he has more game. I like his volleys much better. This Georgia Bulldog is going places. He's going to accomplish much more than Ivo ever did. This is only his 2nd ATP tour event, the semi against Gael tomorrow will be very telling.
Clearly biased stament.
oh guess who did he lose to in ncaa finals.? Som Dev Varman. :lol:
Karlovic clearly has a better game as of now.
that said isner do have a lot of game. i hope does make the finals.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Please note that Karlovic had alot of struggles to become pro ,because of financial problems so he couldn't always afford a coach.
I doubt that Isner had problems like that so there's no room for comparison.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
How many threads about Isner? :haha:

Karlovic has much better groundstrokes now.His serve is also more powerful.
This is Isner's only 2nd tournament,when he gets to 3-4 finals,then we'll talk.

Although I doubt he will be better then Ivo.Ever.

Besided,the kid is just copying him :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Karlovic hás no game. If you take his serve away, you are left with a mediocre player.
You'll get slaughtered around here for saying that :lol:

(Even if it's true ;) )

·
Registered
11,530 Posts

(Even if it's true ;) )
That's because it's clowns like you who think that the serve isn't a legitimate stroke.

Of course it's true but if you take away most players main strengths they are mediocre. Take away Voladnri's FH for example and is he still in the top 100? I doubt it.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Karlovic hás no game. If you take his serve away, you are left with a mediocre player.
STFU
Get your facts right before posting this shit.

Karlovic won his first title on clay by beating Zabaleta and by breaking him 3 times
He won his second title on grass beating arnaud clement in the final.(breking him twice.)
None of those occasions went to tie breaks

No wonder clowns like you support don't watch his game and talk bullshit. Really You are big fan of jiri vanek isn't it. :haha: What did that clown do on the tour. ? :haha:
He also got beat by Karlovic 6-3 6-2 in zagreb. :haha:
now you call him a serve only player.

Get a clue punk.

·
Registered
21,222 Posts
STFU

Karlovic won his first title on clay by beating Zabaleta and by breaking him 3 times
He won his second title on grass beating arnaud clement in the final.(breking him twice.)

No wonder clowns like you support don't watch his game and talk bullshit. Really You are big fan of jiri vanek isn't it. :haha: What did that clown do on the tour. ? :haha:
now call call him a serve only player.

Get a clue punk.
coocoocachoo is really an idiot who said I hadnt watched Haase before, so gave me a negative reputation point. They support only crappy players like cipolla, vanek etc :haha:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
These two guys have only one weapon, their serve (haven't watched Isner though). The good thing for them is that it's the most important one in modern tennis.

I'm not a fan of these type of player. Not very enjoyable for me to watch a serve contest but they are as legitimate tennis champions as others.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Karlovic may have a little bit better first serve, but Isner has the best second serve I have ever seen. Isner has a better forehand than Ivo, and probably better volleys.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Isner got some good ball :yeah:

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
That's because it's clowns like you who think that the serve isn't a legitimate stroke.

Of course it's true but if you take away most players main strengths they are mediocre. Take away Voladnri's FH for example and is he still in the top 100? I doubt it.
:worship:

·
MONSOON season.
81,403 Posts

(Even if it's true ;) )
I don't particularly care. Karlovic's groundstrokes are mediocre and those who deny it are oblivious. Yes, he has a brilliant serve. Yes, that service is part of a player's game, but no it doesn't make all his other shots any better.

·
MONSOON season.
81,403 Posts

Of course you are right. The serve ís a legitimate stroke. However, when reference is made to a player's game, you would have to admit that the serve is, much more often than not, not taken into account.

·
MONSOON season.
81,403 Posts
STFU

now you call him a serve only player.

Get a clue punk.
:lol:

This post was mostly hilarious.

1. I didn't state a fact. I stated my opinion.
  2. I know about the clay title. Don't say you weren't extremely surprised as a Karlovic fan. His hit-or-miss game isn't very efficient in the long run, though.
  3. In Nottingham, four out of twelve sets he played went to a tie-break. That's rather much. Especially considering he didn't play any big servers.
  4. In Houston, three out of eight sets went to a tie-break. That's rather much. Especially considering he didn't play any big servers. And considering it's on clay.
  5. What does Jiri Vanek have to do with anything? For your information, I am not a big fan of his. I think he is a nice player. Of what importance are his results? I never denied Karlovic has had good results, did I?
  6. I didn't call him a serve-only-player. I am saying his serve is by far his biggest weapon and that the rest is mediocre.

·
MONSOON season.
81,403 Posts
coocoocachoo is really an idiot who said I hadnt watched Haase before, so gave me a negative reputation point. They support only crappy players like cipolla, vanek etc :haha:
You were comparing De Bakker and Haase, without ever having seen De Bakker. You also admitted this. I can quote the PM here if you want me to :wavey:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts